Marshall Players READ THIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Players READ THIS

$1600 for a Reissue 800? Now I really know you don't know what your talking about.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, you can get one for maybe around $1,400 online, but if go to any music store, you'll probably pay $1600 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekB:
      In response to Pete:

They are not Drakes and from what I have heard the drakes are supposedly better. Why? I couldnt tell you but my Splawn 800 kick's major ass with the Dagnell's.
      Here are a couple of clips of it.
      http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000008897.mp3

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000009003.mp3

Derek
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For the most part, I think you can design around a transformer. But the transformers were part of the JCM800's tone, and if Marshall wanted an accurate reissue they should have made em with the same parts. Just my opinion. It is nice that they improved the fx loop, but if I was in the JCM800 market, I'd rather buy a used one and have an aftermarket guy beef it up a bit - whether it was cameron, splawn, trace, or whoever.

Pete

Comment

One more thing,talking about thin circuit boards and cheap components and assembly - not only vibration,but heat from the amp alone will eventually take it's toll on cheap shit!
        Buy as high of a quality amp as you can afford and you generally won't be kicking yourself in the brown-eye later [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Not like Hartley ever built anything cheaply. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
            Not like Hartley ever built anything cheaply. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You're right of course,but I didn't say to buy a cheaply made one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
              will eventually take it's toll
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Evol:
                will eventually take it's toll
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's it
                What is it
                [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/its.html

That is it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

/\
                    |
                    |
                    |

"you want it all but you can't have it" ...

"it's it,what is it"

get it? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

It's late [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Epic" - Faith No More

Comment

even though i've only actively posted to this board just recently, i've been lurking and just reading up here for a long time, around this time i had just bought a new DSL100. and it sounded really awesome to my ears, being that it was my first tube amp and all. so whenever clevelandmetal would slam the DSL100's as being cheap and junk tone, i would get a little pissed. not so much pissed, but "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about" etc. obviously because i had invested money in it there was no way i'm going to be agreeing with the guy that the amp was junk, it sounded great to me. then about 6-10 months down the road, i see this vertical input jcm 800, its not a reissue, its made in 1981 i'm pretty sure. i plug into this thing and WOW [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] compared to my DSL 100 this was just a whole nother dimension of tone for me.

i sold the DSL, bought the 800, and that was that.
                          so basically i guess the moral of this story is well you're going to be defending this thing you just threw a bunch of money at naturally, and thats to be expected, but don't try to discredit these guys who might be able to help folks who haven't really thrown a bunch of money at anything yet, just to appease yourself that you've done the right thing. "agree to disagree" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                            [QB] Tell me where I stated specifically about marshalls tube sockets being mounted on PC boards and I'll retract that. I meant what I said regarding *all* amps built that way. If a marshall isn't, kudos to them. The new marshalls are still unreliable compared to many other amps in the same price range and lower.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pete, I guess you didn't mention Marshall, But The conversation was going on between Cleve and I, and you put your 2 cents in! So, I thought you were also slamming the Marshall as well. Anyway, It doesn't matter I love mine with the thin PC board and all! hahahahahaha

Comment

I luv my Uber... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fretburner:
                                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                                [QB] Tell me where I stated specifically about marshalls tube sockets being mounted on PC boards and I'll retract that. I meant what I said regarding *all* amps built that way. If a marshall isn't, kudos to them. The new marshalls are still unreliable compared to many other amps in the same price range and lower.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pete, I guess you didn't mention Marshall, But The conversation was going on between Cleve and I, and you put your 2 cents in! So, I thought you were also slamming the Marshall as well. Anyway, It doesn't matter I love mine with the thin PC board and all! hahahahahaha </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's all good. If you enjoy what you have, that's the point. A friend of mine prefers his TSL over the VHT 50/CL I had... which in my opinion is INSANE. But hey, if we all liked the same stuff it would get boring fast, wouldn't it?

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X