Marshall MG 100HDFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MG 100HDFX

well I was wondering if anyopne thought this is a good solid state head, as I am trying to find a cheapish head and cab, and don't want the hassles of tubes.

Re: Marshall MG 100HDFX

Yes I think its a good solid state head. The new DFX MG's are some of the best solid state amps I've tried.

Comment

thanks for that, the have the countour control, will try one in the new year as the shop i went to didn't have any instock, im going to try soem jacksons and the KH-602 aswell in the same shop!

Comment

the kh 602 is a great guitar. i even think it's better than the kh2, because it's neck thru and not bolt on like the kh2. in my opinion the kh2 is overpriced, i mean, come on, the 602 has the same pickups, the same floyd rose tremolo, the same kh signature stuff (skull inlays,...) AND is neck thru for about 1/2 of the kh2 price.

to the marshall: well, if you don't want tubes then the dfx is a pretty good amp. if you like the sound, go for it!

fragle

Comment

thansk for that yeah, i dont think there is much of a quality gap between the KH-2, and 602, due to it being setup etc in the states, and i may get a good 100watt combo, cause it'll be too heavy to lug an amp, and cab about
          thanks, owain

Comment

I have an MG Series Marshall 50W combo and I think it gives me the incredible tone that I need, strangely enough... but, what may sound incredible to me may sound like utter garbage to someone else.

That contour knob is quite a neat thing... it's not exactly a "mid" control like there is a "bass" and "treble" knob, but it kinda "sweeps" the mids. Dialed up all the way sort of sucks all the mids out, but turn it back to about 1:00 and you get this thunderous tone with any gain setting. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

FENDER ROC PR0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

200 OR LESS ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!!!
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I had the original Marshall MG100RCD.

It was decent for solid state, but I found it kinda lacking for anything articulate.

I used it for rythmm, and switched over to my crate blue voodoo for lead.

I miss that setup.
                I don't even have an amp now.

Comment

yeah i'm gonna try it and see, cause the most important opinion is your own, I am also thinking about a mesa F-100 head, with 2x12, i think they have the F's in so i'l see, and i don't want a fender, cause there may not be on the evil bay UK, but thanks for the suggestion, opr a spider II 2x12 combo, hmm i'd prefer the marshall or mesa?

will be great fun trying out amps i cant afford though!!

Comment

Working...
                  X