Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 2x12 60W combo

your opinion's please .
    it's quite cheap and 60 watt's all tube should be loud enough (my friends jcm 800 2204 50 watt is definitely ENOUGH [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
    any problems during utilisation ?

Re: 5150 2x12 60W combo

It is plenty loud. It sounds great and the only flaw I found after gigging with one for a little over 1 year was that it was way to fuggin heavy even with casters. It weighs very close to 100lbs and is certainly a 2 person amp if you are lugging it around. That is the only reason I sold mine.

Comment

I got rid of my JCM 800 50W for playing out and replaced it with the 5150 combo. Never had a volume issue and never will. Great amp, but replace the tubes right after you buy.

Comment

heh thx for help guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        btw is around 500 bucks used price ok ?

Comment

$500 yes, but I wouldn't pay any more than that. You should find one cheaper than $500.

Comment

Vito: what tubes do you suggest for the 5150combo?

i have one....and i'm really happy with it...its fcking loud and great sound!

Comment

http://www.eurotubes.com

Look around and BTW the JJ's are what I got. They do make a difference with the EQ and overall tone. I did notice a difference to the point that I will keep on using them. They have been talked about before on this board or the old one.

Comment

Working...
              X