Need amp Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need amp Advice

My brother is looking for a guitar head and has no clue what he's looking for.

Here are a couple heads he's looking at, but before any of you jump in and start slandering any of them, he can ONLY AFFORD 600.00 no more.

That being said, he is looking at a Marshall AVT head, the Peavy XXL, and the Supreme XL head. I'm not sure but I thought there were also some Randall amps in that price range, but I have never heard any of this stuff , and it's not as simple as going to the store to check it out.

He's going to be playing classic and modern rock stuff, no NuMetal or thrash. A good clean channel isn't a must ,but a big positive.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Need amp Advice

Line 6 Spider II ($399) or DuoTone HD ($499).
    Versatile and GOOD tone (IMO) without breaking the bank.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I noticed a Fender Prosonic head (used but mint) on Ebay last night, I think the buy it now price was under $600., thats an incredibly versatile and bitchin' amp. Otherwise, a good used JCM 800, JCM 900 or Peavey 5150 are good amps for the for the dough. I'm not up to speed on new amps, but his money will truely go twice as far if you go used, and there are alot of interesting stuff out there if you look around.

Comment

XXL. I've heard nothing but great things about those.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,.

We actually went out to a few places and got to hear the XXL, the Randall and the Marshall AVT stuff.

He got a Randall Rh -100 for 310.00 and I have to say for that price this thing sounds amazing, even loud, and it has a great clean channel and two usable gain channels.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Good choice - for $300 you can't go wrong !

Comment

Working...
            X