Line 6 Flextone III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Flextone III

Looking for a new amp and around a certain price point. Does anybody have anything good or bad to say about the Line 6 Flextone III? I have heard it, and for around $700 seems like not a bad buy for the various sound available from this pup.

Thx for the help!

Re: Line 6 Flextone III

I'm more than happy with mine. The amp models have more of a "real amp" presence to them now - in other words, it doesn't sound like a guitar on a cd, it sounds more "amp-like". Make sense? Most the models are pretty good, although I liked the JCM800 models better on the old Flextone. The Mesas are killer, and the Soldano model (my main one) just flat-out rocks! The effects are pretty cool - a step above anything Line 6 has done so far. You can actually choose which effects you'd like to use rather than being stuck with the options they give you. Loud as heck! The XL 2x12 is 150 watts - the old ones were 100. I've had every Line 6 amp except the Vetta, and this is probably the best to date - they didn't take a step back with this one! For the price, you can't beat it.

Comment

Thanks for the feeback Chris, I appreciate it! I am looking at the Flextone III XL 100 watt model, looks like a pretty cool practice amp, and loud enough for a club as well.

Again, Thx for the feedback!
      [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You're welcome - and it's 150 watts! It's the same one I have. I still have my 100 watt XL (1st version). Even though I have the III, it's still a pretty cool amp. Lots of people here in the Twin Cities use Flextones as gigging amps - mike 'em and you can use them for any venue.

Comment

Again Thanks! Even better...150 watts!! I am looking at Sam Ash to pick it up, $699.00 for the amp, they told me there is a foot switch I can buy for about $75...did you get it?

Comment

Don't bother with the cheap footswitch. Get the FBV Shortboard. All the cheap one does is change your 4 channels and set tap-tempo. The spendy one lets you access a TON of other features! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I haven't gotten one YET for my Flextone III, but I do have the old Floorboard for my Flextone I - I still use it for my POD.

Comment

Again, Thanks! I will look at the better board...

Comment

Bought the FlexIII and liked it. But I found a floor model Vetta I, loaded up the Vetta II software and consequently took the FlexIII back.

Comment

Working...
                X