AX2 212 Line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX2 212 Line 6

So, who here plays either the AxSys or the AX2? I picked up one off of ebay two weeks ago and have been enjoying it. The footswitch sometimes goes to the wrong channel when I switch channels, but it doesn't happen often. Anyone know how to fix that? It didn't take me long to find all my sounds, either. I saw these when they first came out and am glad I finally picked up one. I guess my next big thing (after this one craps out on me - I hope not too soon) will be the Vetta 212 combo, which, by then, should be cheap on ebay. I was also wondering if anyone knows how to upgrade the software from 2.01 to 2.02. I've got the chip, but I'm scared to open the amp up and install it. I don't have any instructions on how to do this. Of course, it sounds good regardless of what version it's currently at. It's a powerful amp ... loud with no buzz or hum ... the noise gate works amazingly well. Anyway, I'm going to start gigging with it ASAP. I hope it holds up.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: AX2 212 Line 6

Try this. Several other topics listed here as well as the update info.

Comment

Hmmmm that link doesn't really do much good since there are no instructions anymore. I'll keep digging.

Comment

Ok I found this PDF manual http://www.line6.com/content/manuals..._Guide_2.2.pdf

This is actually the instructions for upgrading the AxSYS to an AX2, however, the instructions should work just fine for you. There is only one eeprom that can be swapped so this should give you a good idea where you need to look and how to do it.

Comment

i had an ax2 212 a while ago.
          i really enjoyed the sounds on it, especially the metallica sound which i thought it nailed perfectly.
          however, my problem with it is that while switching channels there is always a slight delay in sound which was annoying.
          another annoying thing is that no matter what guitar i played, it sounded the same. for example, i had a hamer studio, an ernie ball axis, an epi les paul, a charvel model 1, and a bunch of others and they all souned the same...
          however, for the price and all the sounds, it is a pretty soild amp.

Comment

Working...
          X