No announcement yet.

Is there a favorite amp for forumites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there a favorite amp for forumites?

Myself, I am liking my Soldano SP-77 coupled with a Mesa-Boogie 50/50 through an old Randall 4X12 re-wired for stereo operation.

Nothing beats tubes IMO.

For practice, I use my POD through some amplified computer speakers. Works fine and doesn't kill anybody [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
      I think we should all rally around Bills Uber.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's enough talk about Bill's Uber! It's gettin' kinda' moist in this sausage factory! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] But the rallyin'? Well, that i'm in on. Oh we oh.. we OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

87' JCM800 Voodoo Modded 50 watt head from Hell! Oh yeah and a nice set of vintage 30's to help the shredfest! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I sure love my new Engl SE. It's easily the most devastating,thick and versatile amp I have ever played. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Derek

Comment

I'm a diehard Mesa Dual Recto nut! (Sorry Bill...but yes...your Uber does sound amazing too!)

However...I've become interested in these new KRANK amps that are fresh off the line...has anyone else heard one yet?
            Stephen Carpernter (Deftones) is taking one on the road...seems he's their first official endorsee...and he was a diehard Marshall fan up till now too.

Comment

i love my rivera's. they're number 1 for me.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Tony Krank has been around for awhile. I've exchanged some emails during a couple ebay dealings with him with him years ago and he knows his stuff. He suggested an easy mod for my Marshall 30w for free, which I thought was pretty cool to take the time to do.
                He started off same as most guys, doing repair work, building amps from spare parts & fooling about with different designs. He's had amps out before the recent 'revolution' line but I have not heard or tried any of them myself.
                Not sure what parts he's using in his recent trademark line but he does seem to have a ear for tone and an in depth knowledge of amps and how their designed.
                He's very attentive to a potential customers needs/good to his word.

Couple of guys around here had Rivera's, they always had good tones.

[ December 29, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Originally posted by Brad:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                  I'd say from I've seen, most of the forum is enamoured with new Marshalls and Line 6 Products... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Glad to hear that someone else feels the same way as I about the Line 6 crapola.... [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Brad, keep your crapola comments regarding Line 6 products to yourself bro.. There are plenty of kick ass pro JCF'rs here that use Line 6 products. Myself being one of those kick ass pro dudes. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
                  Join the club.. we are all rallying around Bills Uber!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Line 6 "Crap" user here as well. Go figure.

Line 6 HD147

Comment

Cleveland.. I like the lasagna analogy!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Uber-Lasagna.. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I gonna have a name plate that says "MOM's" to replace my Marshall logo.

Comment

To avoid hassle when playing live I changed the manufacturers logo on my Flextone HD to Line Sux.
                            This way I figure that when the crowd hears my crappy, fake, synthetic, sounds like a recorded version of a real amp, thin, shrill, crappy note decay spewing buzz box of a wannabe amp I won't get any hassles. When they start booing and hissing and throwing shit I will just point to the logo and say "C'mon guys... give my crappy sound a chance, it will grow on you kind of like frozen lasagna" [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

lol..."and tonight we're dishing out frozen lasagna on 6 strings"

Comment

Ya know though... What REALLY sucks is... 95% of the people in the audience would not really discern a whole lot of difference between some tube fag (like me) playing his CustomUberAudioVHT from some DSP head playing his Line 6 for the most part ehh?

I'd know the difference, and a few amp guys or the occasional person that is a tone freak (I've even had a few chicks compliment on my "tone" at shows). But, most wouldn't, I do have to concede.

I'll leave with a backache, and a lot of crap to lug home, and Line 6 guy leaves with his amp tossed easily into his car, and out the door quick enough to snag a cute hanger-oner to go home and play with. Hmmmmmm... That's not right! (especially after gracing them all with my NON-digitally enhanced, golden, holy grail of tones... Haha...)

Sadly, I really bum sometimes about all the time, money, frustration, sweat, and angst I have put into getting my proverbial rig the way I like it and at the end of the day, no one really cares.

Except maybe you guys... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X