TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

I found a mig (made by sovtek)100 watt head.The guy will sell it for $700.It was modded by splawn.I was wondering how these mig heads are sound wise and also there quality.I am going to play it some time this week.I just have never heard anything on the brand of this head.What do you think?And is it worh the price tag?Thanks Paul

Re: TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Paul, I heard they have a high gain sound, but have quality issues, but if it was modded by Splawn man, I would think they would have tightend her up. Price still sounds high though, I thought they were cheap to buy? Jack.

Comment

They ar essentially, in stock form, like a good JCM 800. And yes, they are usually much cheaper. I've seen them around $250-$400, $400 being overpriced.

For what they are, they're usually a good amp for a good price. But, yes, there were a lot of quality issues with them. I'd also hope Splawn tightened things up a bit.

Still seems pretty expensive somewhat. But, I guess that depends on how much his mods are and what he did to it. Plus, the thing may just breathe fire.

Comment

It certainly sounds overpriced regardless of the mod.The last Mig100H I picked up was for $250.00 and it was mint.

Comment

Working...
        X