X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drum machine under 200 bucks.

what are your recommendations?

Re: drum machine under 200 bucks.

I will be watching this thread like a hawk, since I am looking for nearly the same advice! (except i'm willing to spend a bit more)

Comment

I've been on and off look'n into drum machines for quite awile, I know there is the Alesis that i looked at and it sounded good. I also believe there was a boss under $200 too.

Comment

yeah, I was looking at the alesis model. IT doesn't seem to sound amazingly realistic..but it sure beats not being able to "jam" (I hate that word) because the drummer is snowed in and without a operational vehicle. Easier to record onto the computer as well.

Comment

If you use Cakewalk Sonar, they have a drum pattern library that is amazing..pump that through a plugin call the Dr. 008 and the results are incredible. The Dr. 008 uses multiples samples per hit so everything sounds very realistic.

rich

Comment

Boss Dr. Rhythm Dr-3 195.99 @ G.C.
            maybe a little cheaper through Musician's Fiend
            user friendly has bass as well. Great sound uses Roland's newest high end keyboard drum samples!
            Finger pads are small but workable, you can also program it digitally on screen and edit.
            Like I said great sound especially for the price.I got it to jam with when the guys bailed on a rehearsal or when inspiration struck.Great writing tool.Our drummer is now trying to duplicate some patterns I did with it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            If you're looking for a good fairly inexpensive drum machine you owe it to yourself to check this one out before you decide on one.

Comment

Boss DR550 MKII
              Alesis SR16
              Roland R8
              Alesis HR-16B (if you can find one)

Comment

now with these drum machines. Can you program them in real time? or is it like...setting the beats per measure and how many notes of kick drum you want in a 4/4 measure and that sort of crap.

or can I just push buttons on it while a metronome ticks off the beat?

Comment

Real time or step editing on all of them.

Comment

awesome....now....what kind of adapter is necessary to get this crap onto a computer recording software ? am I gonna have to geta midi box and allt hat crap..or will it work like the old guitar does..into the mic jack of the computer?

Comment

into the line jack on your computer will work.

Comment

sweet. thanks jg.

Comment

Working...
                        X