Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSL Head or Vintage Marshall.....or should i go for engl??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DSL Head or Vintage Marshall.....or should i go for engl??

bro why not go for the blackmore? Is heavy distortion the most important sound to ya? if it is the blackmore is badass, articulare distortion...if not, and you really need the separate EQ why not try say an engl 50 watter power amp and say a rocktron chameleon preamp? just a suggestion.
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle:
      well, i never saw a koch amp or even heard about them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] hughes & kettner 's tube stuff is pretty cool, but even the duotone is way more pricey than the engl savage. the puretone is a cool amp, but not an amp that suits me. more the classic rock and blues type of an amplifier. HK builts some digital stuff in my pricerange (zenamp), but its digital.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

up to now i have to check the following amps
      powerball
      XXX

as i said, the savage was great, but pricey, the marshall was pretty cool beside the only one-EQ thing, the zenamp was alright at low volumes (didnt check it at high volumes).

what about the 5150 II ? i've heard the clean channel sucks, but the distortion is really heavy, right? afaik, arch enemy usw 5150 amps and they have a pretty cool sound.

ah yeah, before i forget it: the other peavy amp the guy in the store demoed was the XXL. i have to admit that its a pretty cool amp for solid state. sure, A/B'ed to the real deals (lets say compare the xxl in british mode to some marshall stuff) it is just another level, but for the price and for solid state it's great! and to be honest, it kicked the marshall AVT's ass!!! the peavy was heavy, the avt was like a women screaming, especially when the mid shift was engaged...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh, tonal torture [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

fragle
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Peavey 5150 II is the best sounding amp I've heard loaded with 6L6's! I think the clean channel sounds fine but it's still only an amp that you can get two sounds out of. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] If they made a 5150 II head in a three channel version, sort of like the XXX but with the presence and the reasonece control, that would be one Killer amp!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Uberschall......... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
        X