Delay Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay Question

Since you don't know the answer I would be curious to hear what the sales cluck at GC told you. Maybe he was dead on accurate.
    Listen to any George Lynch solo from Under Lock and Key. The beginning of 2112 by Rush, any of KK Downings solo's from Judas Priest Unleashed in the East, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT FAMOUS ONE!!!!
    The beginning of FANTASY BY ALDO NOVA [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Delay Question

Thanks for the reply JGC. The guy at GC said that it works with the echo effect. The delay is the gap time before the echo starts and the time in between echoes. Does that mean it only works with the echo effect?
    I haven't heard that Aldo Nova song for a long time now but I still remember how it goes. I even remember the video - wasn't he wearing that skin tight leopard suit?!?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    Now I gotta listen to my JP tapes. I only have Stained Class in CD.

Comment

Delay takes whatever you play and it will play it back again for as few or as many repeats as your unit can do. some delays have longer delay times than others.

Usually you can set the time , the amount of the repeats and the volume at which the delayed sound plays compared to the original. Sometimes you can even have a reverse delay effect.

Since you sound like your into Preist, I think another example can be found on the intro to Diamonds and Rust( I think) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Sounds like the GC guy was explaing what "amount of delay" was...

Comment

Delay Question

What does a delay effect do? I went to GC last week and ask the same question to a sales clerk but I didn't think he knows the answer [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Anyway, since I'm familiar with old Sabbath and Metallica songs, can you tell me some of their songs that uses the delay effect? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
          X