Laney AOR Pro Tube 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney AOR Pro Tube 50

Anyone ever tried a Laney AOR Protube 50 watt? I saw one in a local shop and wondered about it. It was goin for about $300. I need a new amp (my marshall is sucking) but im not sure what to get. Thanx

Re: Laney AOR Pro Tube 50

Used to own he 50 watt head and matching 4x12. Wish I had never gotten rid of it. IMHO, gets a very good marshallesque clasic rock sound (AC/DC to GNR). Decent clean. Basically a single channel with a switch to kick in the second preamp. Not extremely versatile, but does what it does pretty good. I will eventually get another. I think they usually go on da 'bay for $225-$250 or so.

Comment

I have 2 that I use right now. They are great for the money. I can't think of any amp in this price range that is better. $200 - $300

Comment

Originally posted by mulder1966:
        I have 2 that I use right now. They are great for the money. I can't think of any amp in this price range that is better. $200 - $300
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey mulder1966, ive got a 50w ProTube Lead which is a good solid amp. Out of interest what settings do you use for yours as im still not getting the exact sound i want.

Cheers for your help

Comment

Those old AOR's are just about the same bang for the buck as model series Charvels...EXCELLENT!

Comment

The heads are at the practice studio, so I am guessing at this. Use the clean channel, presence is off, bass is pulled at about 5, mids are pushed at 8, treble is pulled at 2, master volume is at 3-5, last three volumes are on 11 ( [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ). I use a boss sd-1 with the keeley mod as a pre-amp. The tone (left)is in the middle, the Middle knob is at about 8:30 or 9,(clock) and the right knob is on 11. The sound is best at very loud volumes, I use one head in clubs (never get in the mix except for solo stuff) and I use both heads outdoors. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X