Speaker cabinet choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker cabinet choice

I play death metal and I tune to C. I need a good cab that can handle a little bass. My bass is not rediculusly loud, but I tune down alot. The Marshall 1960B cab seems good but people thinks they sound brittle. V30´s maybe? Any suggestions on cabs that are good but doesn´t cost a fortune?

Here´s a couple of riffs I recorded. The sound sucks but that´s the style.

http://w1.875.telia.com/~u87521907/bandet/mos.mp3

Re: Speaker cabinet choice

What head do you use? Most heads sounds best with their matched cabs. I also play death metal, back when I was in a band and recording I used cabs with Celestion 75s and another cab with Celestion 85s. But now I use 5150 cabinets with my 5150 head and it sounds much better, even though now I mostly tune to C#, back then it was around G or A.

Comment

i prefer the mesa cabs with V30's
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

You can hardly go wrong with MESA recto cabs...

I have Ampegs with 75w Celestions (which did sound better than the Marshall cabs with the same speaker). And People (Dreamland included) have me wondering if they are a bit brittle.

For thick deep and nice, I'd look to MESA, VHT Fatbottoms, or the Benz cabs, as I've heard nothing but great things about them. None are cheap. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been using a large mesa recto cab with black shadow custom 90's for about 4 years now and its a pretty good cab. You won't notice much difference between the vintage 30's and the custom 90's. The 30's are just a bit warmer, and the bass isn't quite as tight. You definatly want a large model cabinet, in my opinion. The mesa recto standard and vht are the two I would consider.
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRh:
            I play death metal and I tune to C. I need a good cab that can handle a little bass. My bass is not rediculusly loud, but I tune down alot. The Marshall 1960B cab seems good but people thinks they sound brittle. V30´s maybe? Any suggestions on cabs that are good but doesn´t cost a fortune?

Here´s a couple of riffs I recorded. The sound sucks but that´s the style.

http://w1.875.telia.com/~u87521907/bandet/mos.mp3
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">try one of those behringer cabs they are dirt cheap and sound great awesome for metal ! and also if your on a budget ! 400 watts handeling and nice and punchy ! we tune down to C# and they sound killer , through Daves triple xxx or my xxl head . //Steve

Comment

I use Piranha preamp and soon a good 6l6 poweramp to replace mot marshall 50/50. I guess the V30´s probably will suite my style. The Marshall 1960BV seems nice, but not for the price though.

Comment

Or, why not a 1x15 bass cab..and the Marshall 2x12? Put a nice crossover in there. There you go, All the bass you would ever want too!

Ox

Comment

if you nead monster Bass, may I suggest the Madison 4x12 cab with 4 12 inch Madison 85 watt Symphony speakers. The cab is huge and sounds huge. Go to their site at madisonspeakers.com I love mine and got it for like $380 Shipped NEW [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                  X