White power tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White power tube?

Hey, does this look screwed up to you guys?

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: White power tube?

Yeah it does look screwed up .... being that I have never seen that before that is... Does it work?

Comment

You probably need to replace that tube... I know that sometimes preamp tubes turn white at top when the vacuum is gone (broke the tip off a telefunken... DOH!)

Pete

Comment

White power!

Er...

Nah, that whole amp is gone, I'll take that blue voodoo off your hands any day.

Yep, looks like it lost the vacuum.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V:
          Yeah it does look screwed up .... being that I have never seen that before that is... Does it work?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not sounding too good, no! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That is why I pulled the back cover off, you know - the old "let me look at it and see if it sounds any better" trick...

Thanks, Pete - that sucks, when a tube loses its suck. (Or does it blow?) Should I change all four?

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
          Nah, that whole amp is gone, I'll take that blue voodoo off your hands any day.

Yep, looks like it lost the vacuum.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Woah, the cookie goes to Gwarghoul! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hey that tube is a racist!!!!

Yep that sucker looks like it went bad ...I had one do that but not that much... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

time for some new tubage!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X