Mesa Traditional or Standart Cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Traditional or Standart Cab?

Hi, as some of you know I'm planning to buy a Dual Rectifier and also 2 Cabinet (straight only, 80% sure), but the problem I don't know which cabinet buy, de Traditional or the Standart oversize Recto Cabinet. I play the lead guitar on a thrash metal band, and we play something like metallica in the old days (master of puppets, and justice, but i'm trying to get my own sound). The problem is that I can't go to the shop and try the cabs 'cause I live in Chile.

I also have a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 with 1 4x12 1960B cabinet. And I am planning to a/b the Dual Recto with the TSL100.

Also, do you guys can help me searching my tone? I don't know, maybe I can use the dual rectifier as my rhythm sound. The crunch channel of the TSL as my Lead, and my clean channel as clean (remember that the TSL has reverb, the Dual doesn't). What do you guy think?

Thanks

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Mesa Traditional or Standart Cab?

I would get the tradional instead of the standard as its a little tighter in bass response and its lighter in weight but its still a heavy beast.

Comment

standard recto cab would sound best with your recto head.IMO.... you have the other sound as well so I would go with the full blown Mesa tone [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] .You're young right? no back problems?

Comment

I second the Recto Cab, and probably V30s... They work with the recto VERY well. Slants aren't my fav for sure.

Comment

I'd go for the Traditional Recto Cab (the smaller one). The Standard has a looser & flabbier low end, which I don't like. Now maybe if I were into nu-metal. (Yeah right... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

Comment

i prefer the traditional. but both of them are great!
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I am in THRASH METAL, HELL YEAH! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have both...for tighter bass response, go with the Traditional cab. For a really big sound, the Recto cab does the trick. Be forewarned, the Standard Recto cab can and usually does sound a bit flubby and "woofy" on the low end.

I guess what I'm trying to say is go with the Traditional cab...it will respond better to what you want to accomplish.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Comment

dude i play my single rectifier threw a slant 1960a marshall cab..celestion 75's

and all i can say...is that it kicks major
                      A$$

Comment

Would be better for thrash a cabinet with CELESTION VINTAGE30 (MESA BOOGIE) or G12T-75 (MARSHALL)?

Thanks

Comment

Get the oversided recto cab with the celestion 90s in it. The oversized cab with the 30s can get flubby in the bottom end, with the 90s it crushes.
                          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

the c90's (to mee) have too much white noise. that's why they offer the traditional dimentions with v30's. it gets rid of the flub and keeps the mids screaming without the hiss.
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                            X