DOES ANYONE KNOW???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOES ANYONE KNOW???

Hey has anyone heard anything about this new preamp that carvin is putting out?I think Carvin and frank gamble desinghed it together.I was just wondering if this thing is going to be any good for a metal guitar player?

Re: DOES ANYONE KNOW???

This is out of the latest Carvin Mag I just received last week. Looks pretty cool and of course the price is right! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

They are also offering a pretty cool Tube power amp!

Comment

I wonder how it will sound.Thats the only shitty thing about direct ordering.You cant try it before you buy it.I wonder if it will have any metal tones in it?I am very interested in this if anyone knows about it please post and let me know.Thanks Paul

Comment

Christ Frank Gambale got old real fast. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, it's not like Gambale had great tone anyways. Quite the seriously great player, but no amazing tone though.

Comment

I have the tc g force and he made some presets for it.At least thats what they say (who knows who really made them)but they do sound pretty good.I am just curiouse as whether or not this new carvin preamp sound good or not?For the price it seems very good.But the tone of it might be shitty.

Comment

I have the tc g force and he made some presets for it.At least thats what they say (who knows who really made them)but they do sound pretty good.I am just curiouse as whether or not this new carvin preamp sound good or not?For the price it seems very good.But the tone of it might be shitty.

Comment

They should just bring the darn Quad X back and be dome with it, that is the best deal on the Used market and loaded with tone and goodies!! Jack.

Comment

Yeah, and maybe add either a heavier tube gain channel or even a diode induced gain channel for the hard core distortion guys.

They were a cool preamp, just needed a bit more gain out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by parntz145:
                    I wonder how it will sound.Thats the only shitty thing about direct ordering.You cant try it before you buy it.I wonder if it will have any metal tones in it?I am very interested in this if anyone knows about it please post and let me know.Thanks Paul
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why don't you be the first to try it out? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Carvin gives you 10 days from the time you get it to try it and decide if you like it. If you don't like it for any reason, you just send it back and get a full refund. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X