X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: zakk wylde\'s tone

Comment

Zakk Attakk Rakk! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LOL I don't remember that ad, but I do remember seeing a poster in GFTPM with him and a Metaltronix head and half stack cab.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you want his tone pick up a Lee Jackson modded Marshall or a XLS-1000 made by Lee Jackson. Zakk still used Lee's heads today.

Comment

Here is mine in all her glory ...

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Let's not forget his EMG 81/85 pups. His tone is all about a hot preamp signal.

EMGs + Boss SD1 + Marshall JCM800 2203 = Zakk's tone.

(this ain't no multivariable calculus we're talking about here) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not the SD1 guys ..that's the yellow overdrive ...Zakk uses the Boss DS1 ..the orange Distortion [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Zakk also wires his pickups for 18 volts.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                    It's not the SD1 guys ..that's the yellow overdrive ...Zakk uses the Boss DS1 ..the orange Distortion [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope - he uses the Yellow SD-1 Super Overdrive. Every picture you see of his rig features it on his pedal board.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz:
                      Let's not forget his EMG 81/85 pups. His tone is all about a hot preamp signal.

EMGs + Boss SD1 + Marshall JCM800 2203 = Zakk's tone.

(this ain't no multivariable calculus we're talking about here) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's it Ozz!
                      To break it down even more:
                      Gibson Les Paul Custom + EMGs + Boss SD1 + Marshall JCM800 2203(loaded w/ 6550 tubes) + Marshall 4x12's(loaded w/ EV speakers or high powered Celestions) [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

His sound is so open and powerfull, I wouldn`t be suprised to find out his speakers are Celestion Classic lead 80s, those speakers with high gain will blow your hair back, very open and powerfull sounding [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                          His sound is so open and powerfull, I wouldn`t be suprised to find out his speakers are Celestion Classic lead 80s, those speakers with high gain will blow your hair back, very open and powerfull sounding [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldn't doubt Jack! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          I use older Marshall 800 cabs with the original version of the Classic Lead 80's, Rola Celestion G12-80. These speakers have loud open clear tone with lots of low end thump!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] and sound great driven with lots of gain! Could possibally be G-12-65's also!, they're a little more midrangee thought. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've read that they're Electro-Voice speakers, the 200 watt models.

Comment

Those Celestion 80s are awesome speakers!!!!

My favorite over everything I've heard ..

I have 5 1960B cabs loaded with the 75s ..I guess those are my second favorite.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was going to buy a used Laney cabinet loaded with the Celestion 75s, but it was gone when I got to the store!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X