Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX !

hi!

I would like to know the distortion stompboxes that the metalheads in this forum use! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I'm about to buy a pedal, but I don't know what. I'm leaning to the digitech metal master, but there's also the boss mt2, the roctron rampage (never heard) and the DOD death metal.
    I like crunchy distortions, and I play metal, from doom to death, and black. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: FX !

Try a Tech 21 XXL.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i ll go with the mt2,this is not a very versatile pedal(the dist is full or nothing) but if you only play metal this is the best one,the mid frequency are parametric so you can get a lot of different sound out of it.do not buy the death metal,this is just a piece of crap...to me at least.

Comment

I went to this site:
        http://www.digitech.com/products/metalmaster.htm
        and I heard the thing...It emulates the sound of the MT2 and other distortion pedals. It seems good...
        The Tech 21 looks good also(and it must sound)...Maybe It will be a question of price and stock [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

you should try all of them...don't be fool by clip,what sound good on your computer may sound awful when played in a real amp...just my .02 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't bother with any of the "metal pedals". Just crank the gain on your amp and use an overdrive pedal like a DOD Juice Box or Ibanez Tube Screamer. Overdrive pedals are designed to be used into an already distorted amp to push them over the top, which is better than using a distortion pedal into a clean amp.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X