Marshall problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall problem

I have a Marshall jtm 60 that will run at only at half power I tried new power tubes but I still get no volume out of it. Do you guys know what might be wrong with it?

Re: Marshall problem

I screwed up when I said it gets no volume what i meant was it gets minimal volume so the problem is not a fuse

Comment

How old is the 60? Do you think maybe the transformer puked out on you?

Comment

It,s about 8 years old but it hasn,t worked properly for 2, the amp never was never driven very hard it's just been a piece of shit from the getgo

Comment

^^Key word - "Piece of shit"

Comment

Originally posted by The Denim Knight:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, that great piece of advice should sort out the problem. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by The Denim Knight:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What a plethora of good advice you seem to have, been at this long?

Comment

Assuming the amp has been rebiased properly when the tubes were replaced last time. My guess would be there is something wrong with the out put transformer. I had a Laney AOR that did the same thing. I was being blown away by a peavey bandit 30 while my 100 watt head was on 9. I new something was up. And it was the trany. Well 300 bucks later it sounded great and had full power.
                Loud ass amp too. It sounds like there is a current flow issue with your Marshall. Its either not getting full voltage to the trany or the tranny isn't puting out the power.
                Gil

Comment

OK, what kind of tubes were in it and what kind of tubes did you put in and how did you bias them?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                    Assuming the amp has been rebiased properly when the tubes were replaced last time. My guess would be there is something wrong with the out put transformer. I had a Laney AOR that did the same thing. I was being blown away by a peavey bandit 30 while my 100 watt head was on 9. I new something was up. And it was the trany. Well 300 bucks later it sounded great and had full power.
                    Loud ass amp too. It sounds like there is a current flow issue with your Marshall. Its either not getting full voltage to the trany or the tranny isn't puting out the power.
                    Gil
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats what I was thinking also. A nice OE transformer would probavly put some serious Marshall a@@ kickin' back in that amp.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys I was hoping it was something minor,this amp has given me nothing but trouble but that's what happens when you don't research you're puchases properly

Comment

Working...
                      X