what's good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's good?

hey guy. i need to know what a good amp would be for me??? preferably a combo amp with maybe around 100watts of power. i need something that can really put out some heavy distortion. ohhhhh and it would be nice if it came wtih a foot switch too (like the fender dsp foot switch type) ya thanks

Re: what\'s good?

i would recommend the peavey xxx or the 5150 combos. but if you want to spend more, try a powerball or an uber.

it all depends on what is your price range?
    you want tubes/solid state/or modeling?
    why do you need 100 watts?

Comment

The Peavey XXL is solid state, but very powerfull, there is one on ebay for a great price!! For a little more money, yes the Triple XXX or 5150 combo. I have a VHT Pittbull CLX-100 combo that will blow your hair back, but sadly they discontinued them [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] By the way, I am buying a Triple XXX 60 watt 1x12 combo soon, they sound great, the 2x12 is even more powerfull, but I already have the VHT for that. By the way, the Triple XXX combos have reverb now [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

get a 5150 HEAD with a 4-12 shefield cab...

the combos are cool for recording and bedroom ...

But they get awefully hairy and obnoxious when pushed loud over a drummer... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

This is from my experience ..anyways. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i'd go for a rectoverb 2x12 combo.

but there a little expensive.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
          X