X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweedish Tone: Im tone deaf

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL:
    In Flames tunes to c?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah they do tune to C. drop C sometimes.

Comment

Thanks for all the help fellas. You guys came thru again [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Good stuff here.

Im also into the prog/sweedish metal tone..

I use Mesa Dual Rectifier solo head thru a custom Mesa 4x12 grill cab with 200 watt EV's and a Marshall 4x12 bottom celestian.

I have tons of rack gear but i have found that i get a cleaner sound esp for sweep picking with just the amp.

While playing a DT cover, As I Am in C, I decided to see how dirty I could get the guitar to sound so I backed the Tone pot all the way.
        After doing that , it was like a lightbulb went off!!
        I soon realized that if I turn the tone pot all the way back or most of the way, it will cut out the higher frequencies and allow a richer, cleaner and fuller sounding sweep arpeggios..

Thats what I have started doing and its been great! And does wonders for the really fast stuff and quick legatos with alot of pull offs at faster tempos.

I would never had thought it would be so effctive.. Im the kinda player that just leaves the tone knob on 100%...

Not any longer..

Let me know if it has the same effect on any of you..

maybe Im just getting old and tone def...
        *scratches head*

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Forgive me..I'm new to alternate tunings.

Sometimes I'll drop my low e to d.

Explain to me, what C tungin is, as well as drop c please?

I love In Flames, and would kill to be able to play some tunes.

Comment

C standard is teh same as tuning to E standard...just tune every string 2 whole steps lower.

dropped C is the same as Dropped D tuning. but everything is another whole step lower.

C standard tuning goes from heavy string up:

C F A# D# G# C

Drop C is like this:

C G C G A D

correct me if i'm wrong guys. I'm having mental pause here.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
              C standard is teh same as tuning to E standard...just tune every string 2 whole steps lower.

dropped C is the same as Dropped D tuning. but everything is another whole step lower.

C F A# D# G# C

Drop C is like this:

C G C G A D

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn;t Standard C tuning

C G C G C E

or

C Gb B E Ab C?

Maybe some one can correct me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, not everything. Only the one string. For Drop tuning, you just drop the lowest string a step so it's the same as the fourth string and you can play power chords with one finger.

Standard E... drop the E to D for Drop D.

Standard D... drop the D down to C for Drop C.

Get it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruxspin:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by the_drip:

C F A# D# G# C

Drop C is like this:

C G C G A D

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn;t Standard C tuning

C G C G C E

or

C Gb B E Ab C?

Maybe some one can correct me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ok, you're wrong..first one you posted is open C tuning...big difference between open and standard. and I have no idea what monster you've created witht hat second suggestion... but power chords are gonna sound NASTY! you've got a augmented 4th in the two lowest strings. I suppose you could play with that tuning..but it'd be really fuckin weird.

Comment

ok, you're wrong..first one you posted is open C tuning...big difference between open and standard. and I have no idea what monster you've created witht hat second suggestion... but power chords are gonna sound NASTY! you've got a augmented 4th in the two lowest strings. I suppose you could play with that tuning..but it'd be really fuckin weird.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] fUK It

Comment

augmented fourth, or diminished fifth? Who knows the key to the tritones? *ghostly voice*

Comment

haha spooky... "the devil's notes" they call it.

Comment

So, how the hell would I make a power chord in c? just bar it all the way across like one in d or what?

I'm just getting back into playing..and don't really know much of the musical theory aspect, I just play by ear for now.

Comment

play it as if you're tuned to E...tab and shit will read the same. in standard C. I"ll link you a in flames song on power tab.

if you don't have powertabl....get it. its not hard to find. And easy to use. http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,6716

on teh power tab program...if you click on teh red guitar icon....it'll show you what all the guitar parts are tuned too...string by string..so its easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X