Digitech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech

I was looking at a couple of Digitech products the RP-300 & the GNX3 workstation. I was wondering if anyone on the board has either one of these and could give me some input on them both pro and con!

Thanks,
    Richard

Re: Digitech

I have an RP300 and I like it. It comes with a variety of believable, but not too impressive modelings, but if you tweak them or program your own from the vast library available free on their web site, you can get some killer sounds.

I also like the fact that it has a built-in rhythm machine, footswitches, and an expression pedal. Couple those things with the price, and its pretty unbeatable, really.

You'll have to pay 4x the price to get a POD XT with a floorboard.

Give it a try.

Comment

I have the GNX-2

I don't need the recording features of the GNX3.

(You'll get better quality recording using your PC)

I enjoy mine very much. Once you trash the original presets and make up your own, or even download from the loads of patches from the net.. you'll be much happier.

POD is good too, but I find the AIR sim rather irritating, and it's not possible to truely bypass. It's always on.

Another weakness I found with the POD is the effects.. I think Line6's effects are closer to Zoom..

That said, I only had a POD 2.5

In which case, I prefer the GNX to the POD

I've always liked Digitech for it's effects.

The GNX stompbox models are my favorite feature.

I'd swear I was using the exact pedals, I don't care who you are, I don't see how anybody could argue about the stompbox modeling..They're just fantastic.

Personaly I think the amp modeling is pretty close between POD, GNX and J-Station. If you tweak each one right, they pretty much sound similar.. again I've had all 3 for a while.

Everybody has a different opinion. I have my GNX2 pumping into a Peavy 50/50 poweramp feeding either a Marshall 1936 2X12 (with cabinet sim off).. or into a SEA SS Poweramp feeding BOSE 401s (Cabinet sim on)

It took me about 6 weeks to dial in GNX sounds I liked, a bit longer than the others, but I'm extremely happy with it now. I've since sold the J-Station and the POD.

Comment

I'm not into the the stuff. But...

Glen Drover used the GNX to record a lot of the last Eidolon CD Coma Nation.

http://www.digitech.com/artistpgs/drover.htm

And Andy...

http://www.digitech.com/artistpgs/LaRocque.htm

Comment

Mh...I've seen a pic of Andy with a DAW and a Pod...

Comment

I've happily used Digitech stuff for years (TSR-12, GSP-21 Pro/Legend). While their transistor preamps pake beside an ADA MP-1, you can get some very good sounds (check out my clips at www.twisteramps.com - the ones using the Legend into the tube power amp).

Haven't tried the newer stuff, though.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I get the GuitarOne mag and for the 6 songs they tab every month, they use the GNX3 to match the guitar sound/tone from the artist/guitar player. So for someone in a cover band who's plays these songs, you can use the settings they came up with. Pretty cool.

I personally use a GT-6 and I'm now moving to rack-gear. For live applications, I don't need all the sounds/pre-amps/cab options.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
              X