Guitar Port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Port?

Anyone here use/own the line 6 Guitar Port? If so how do you like it overall?

I'm thinking of picking one up to play around with. Thought it might be an easy way to get decent tone when recording on a PC as well.

Re: Guitar Port?

I have it... version 2.0.

its really nice.. Im a dorm, so a real amp setup is near impossible to maintain.

Some amp sims are really good sounding; some are hit-or-miss. I really like the Soldano amp sim. The Mesa isn't too bad either.

If you dont like the amp sims, you can record clean into SONAR2, or something similar, and run the clean through a amp modulator, like ReValver.

all in all, for me personally, its pretty nifty.. your mileage may vary.

~E

Comment

I have the GuitarPort and it's very nice. The 2.0 amp models are harder to dial in a good tone but once you do they are better than the old version. It's an execellent practice tool. GuitarPort online, the monthly subscription service, is lacking at times. Other times it's great. A while back the managing editor, I think, left. Since then the updates have been irregular. The lessons they put out are great though.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I’ll probably pick a guitar port up. Guitar Port online looks really interesting, I think it could really help me to improve my playing and learn more about tone.

Comment

Working...
        X