ENGL shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ENGL shootout

so pretty much you guys are saying get an engl of any kind and i will be happy..? but get a powerball and i will never buy another amp...which probably in the long run would save me some serious mullah in searching for my tone. but dammnit...i love that master of puppets tone too....ERRRRR! delema..i wish there was someway i could try them out......well when i get the money i will let you guys now what im gonna go for. if theres anyone else out there with experience on these amps...let me know your opinion

Comment

After hearing that clip, I'd say it's quite capable of death metal for sure. Niiiice... I'm digging that clip and would love hearing more... I'm getting more and more into that Engl sound...

was impressed by the speaker cabinet also. Much more articulate than most marshalls I've heard, you could hear just the smallest mistake in playing
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, what you are hearing is the mark of a very high end tube amp. They have such nice articulation, they show a lot more in a persons playing than lower priced amps and will reveal many weaknesses or slop in your playing. Not that the cabs are less then impressive I'm sure.

Many people descrivbe them as being hard 6to play, and it's because you gotta play clean and precise or it will show. Hence why many people like way too much distortion or echo, it hides all the weaknesses in your playing.

That Blackmore doesn't sound like what I've heard of it, and I'm impressed here. I've always liked their preamps, and I'm getting antsy about getting a head... How nice not to lug a rack, I might start gigging and jamming with bands more if I didn't jhave to drag my rack.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
        just to get an idea.....everyone that's listened to DerekB's clip...does that not sound like enough gain? for Black/Death metal?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sounds fucking killer , remember live you'll have to turn it down or everything will sound like mud , even dimmu turns stuff back live with their engls to much Gain live sucks ! anyway that clip sounds great ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
        X