trem o verb...most modelled amp. Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trem o verb...most modelled amp. Why?

every modelling amp or POD type gizmo I've ever seen...never seems to miss out on having a model of a 1994 Dual Rectifier Trem o verb.

Why...out of all the rectifiers...do they all choose to model the recto model after this thing? Is it the holy grail of teh rectifier series?

Re: trem o verb...most modelled amp. Why?

i think it has something to do with the longer wires used inside the head that makes the trem-o-verb sound better than the other recto's. i'm not exactly sure, but we used to compare it back to back with the other recto's and it always sounded slightly better.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have the urge to get one sometime. They seem to go for a decent price on E-bay. would it be a good mate with one of those ENGL Blackmore heads?

Comment

I've always wanted one of those, too. An amp with built-in tremolo kicks ass!! It's my favorite effect besides wah and chorus. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

its the type of amp..that I look at on E-bay and feel like Wayne in Wayne's World...when he's ooglign at the white strat. "it will be mine....oh yes...it will be mine"

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
            its the type of amp..that I look at on E-bay and feel like Wayne in Wayne's World...when he's ooglign at the white strat. "it will be mine....oh yes...it will be mine"
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah!Excalibur!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it is because nobody uses the Tremo-verb so how would you actually know if the modeled version is correct or not! In over 28 years of playing I have never seen nor heard a Tremo-verb live.

Comment

Kirk Hamster can be seen playing on one in the metallica dressing room in teh Cunning stunts DVD. the 2x12 combo version anyway.

that's close enough.

Comment

Working...
                X