Armageddon in a Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armageddon in a Box

Well I finally chased down the mighty Uberschall after 2 years of wanting this head. I just tried it for 30 minutes or so and this is the BEST amp I have ever played (for metal heads only). I would still be playing but my fingers are all cracked and bleeding from the 0 degree weather here and its hard to move them fast without blood and pain. Anyway this head sounds great even low but when I cranked it ,then it really shined. I'm drooling right now its so good. The controls are very sensitive and the gain is insane. Haven't gotten the gain past 11 oclock. Well all the stuff said about this amp is definitly correct and its my last head until I get old and sell it. I'm still thinking of getting the voodu valve and mesa 20/20 for in home playing maybe pick up a 2-12 for that or just play thru the 4-12.This amp can be used for home practicing cause it sounds great even low but its made for high volume ,thats where this amp sounds best IMO.Didn't come with a footswitch ,bought it used, but I am only interested in Ch. 2 .The serial # is strange its symbols, can anyone decipher what they mean? Ok I'll be quiet just had to tell you guys that this amp is great .

Re: Armageddon in a Box

Sounds great man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I was going to try one of them before I found a VHT Pittbull CLX-100. I still want to try the Uby, man are they hard to find though [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Congrats [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Awesome ... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I play mine with a Marshall 1960b 4 12 ...with a G major in the loop and a Wah in the front..

Have the gain maxed at all times 24 / 7 .... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I love it!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A:
        Well I finally chased down the mighty Uberschall
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, I just found out it means SuperSonic! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You will love it! I play mine with 2 Uber cabs which are amazing. I run a G-Force through the loop as well. If you get one let me know and I will give you some cool settings.

Comment

Congrats man! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Be carefull with all that power,your house could not handle it! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I like it best "AT" low volumes actually. You hear the preamp more. When it gets loud, the EL34s show more.

Awesome amps...

And Bill is insane running that with the gain dimed...

Comment

Which wah, Bill?

Comment

Yea I keep the global volume and gain at 12 oclock and I use the channel volume to adjust loudness. Its incredible. Still tweaking all the other knobs it very versatile to me not really a 1 trick pony in tone. I can't see maxing the gain on the uber but I've had it a short time.Plug straight in w. emg 81 loaded Jackson and its all I need.

Comment

I agree EMG's sound amazing with the Uber. Since the Uber had become my main amp I have swtiched out most of my guitars with EMG now. It is funny how picky the Uber is on what pickups you are playing with. One of my Jacksons had a Tone Zone in it and that pickup sounded like shit through the Uber. Go figure???...

Comment

yeah, I've been trying to get Bill to go to EMGs in his guitars. He just won't listen. His main axe is a Koa body San Dimas series and has a Dimarzio 3 I think in it and his Fender Fender Custom Shop has a Tone zone in it I think...

I plug in my Charvel or jacksons with EMG 81s/PA-2 preamps in them into thhe Uber and it really smokes, they tighten the sound tremendously.

Comment

The Über is a beast to be sure. There are 2 different versions of the Über out there; the difference is the taper of the gain pot on the lead channel. The older models (most have the rubber strap handle) have a fast taper gain pot. At about 11 O'Clock your almost at full tilt. The newer models (with the leather handle) have a wider tapered pot which doesn't hit max gain until about 3 O'Clock. The serial symbols correlate to numbers. I have one of the newer models with the wider taper which allows you to get more mid-gain & inbetween tones. If you get the Über, the Überkabinet is a must with this head. No other cab will do it justice. I've tried mine thru Mesa, Marshall, Diezel, and even the regular Bogner cabs and nothing else sounded as good as the Überkab. Definitely a match made in hell [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Here's a pic of mine:

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Any idea what the Uber cab is loaded with?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                            Any idea what the Uber cab is loaded with?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 GT75s + 2 V30s in an "X" pattern.

Comment

I agree you have to use the Uber cabs with the Uber. I tried some Marshall cabs with it but they just didn't to the head justice.

Comment

Working...
                              X