Question for Rectifier owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Rectifier owners

Hey, I was wondering if it's easy to take the faceplate off and replace it. I was thinking about the diamond plate deal the other day, and I don't like it all that much. So I was wondering if it's possible to take it off yourself and replace it with one of the other faceplates. Or should I be calling Mesa this and asking them?

Re: Question for Rectifier owners

Good question Boxcar, I have no idea. Personally, I like the look of the diamond plate on my Single. When I get home tonight I'll check it out for ya.

If you do get a Recto, try EL34's... The things sounds like a Marshall on steroids! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Scuba Steve...I'm planning to definitely get a Single Rec. The issue here is whether to get a new one or a used one...if it can be changed easy then I'll for sure go for a used one, but if you can't change it then I might have to kick around the idea of getting a new one. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I know with the Road King, you can't change them yourself... I asked Mesa.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

box car good choice..

i have a single rectifier...
          dude these kick a$$

they sound sooo heavy....

and at 50watts...
          it over played my friends 300watt WarHead

its loud as hell

Comment

Yep, the thing screams!

Even on the "Vintage" voicing (which is what I use most), 1:00 - 1:30 is all the gain you'll ever need. For soloing, back off the mids and presence (about 9 o'clock), and then add mids to get your cut. Also, crank the output knob to get those power tubes working... channel volume knob to taste (or should I say sane levels! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). I've read somewhere that the channel master volumes actually work the power tubes, but it seems to me that it's the other way around. The amp really comes to life when you crank that output knob! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The thing will seem stiff at first and you may even think it doesn't have enough gain. It's all about tweaking, so read your manual carefully. The Series Two manual available online gives some great tips, so you might wanna start there.

The Rectos have such a brutal rhythm tone it's amazing... Every time you hit a chord it's like getting punched in the face!

Like I said, I just switched to Svetlana EL34's and they absolutely rock. Less bass and great harmonics.

Comment

I just looked at the face plate. It looks like like it's glued on. There are no screws to take it off; the only way seems to be prying at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
                box car good choice..

i have a single rectifier...
                dude these kick a$$

they sound sooo heavy....

and at 50watts...
                it over played my friends 300watt WarHead

its loud as hell
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So I take it you are happy with it?-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                X