X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mark Cameron Modded Marshalls

Dinkyjacksonman

818-500-0286

The same goes for you. Mark really wants to talk to you and catch up.

Comment

Got it!
      I will give him a call soon.
      I have some cool stuff and ideas to share with him that I have been keeping with me.
      I missed to meet him last time I was in L.A. for the NAMM.
      Too bad I am not making this time but soon, I will be going to L.A. and hope to see him.

Comment

well, i certainly am cute [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        i;m ready to do just about anything for great tone. i've got my "sergio prevente' " designer knee pads for the working man on [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        the sacfrifices we'll make for sound!! lol
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Which Marshall amps does Mark Cameron work with (install mods)?

Comment

he does great work on
            mid to late 70's and early 80's
            marshall JMP superlead 100's. i'm sure he can
            work on anything, but that is what he did for me.
            he's reasonable too.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

A lot of people are sending Mark the newer Marshall reissues as well. A reiusse is actually a good idea because the guts of the amp would be basically new, less chance of having to invest more money into the head after the mod. I sent him a 1959 100 watt reissue.

Comment

Will he do any mods on a rackmount preamp?Or does he just do heads.

Comment

hmmm...I will be speaking to Mark this weekend so I ask him and let you know Paul. What kind of preamp are we talking about?

Comment

Not sure yet tim.Just an idea going through my head right now.I am thinking somthing along the lines of real modern high gain.If anyone has any suggestions please spit them out.Thanks Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Krueger:
                      I am getting his high gain mod which is the Aldrich mod and I am having him add an extra gain and master for a solo boost or to be used as a crunch channel. He is also putting in some push pulls that will make the amp more flexible and one that will change the power amp cicuitry changing it from a plexi sound to more of a deep Uber sounding amp. I can't wait to get it back!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How much does the Aldrich mod cost? and how much is Mark charging for your mod Tim? The reason I ask is I've been thinking about having a Marshall modded by VooDoo amps and it seems quite reasonable for what they do, I belive it's $399. and they don't alternate the heads pysical apperance with any added knobs,etc. One more thing!,Does Mark prefer to mod Master or non Master vol. Marshalls? Thanks for any help you can give! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I send Mark a plexi reissue which is not a master volume so I don't think it matters to him much. Mark's mods are also very clean he doesn't drill a lot of holes or anything. If I remember right his mod price is $450 and an additional $100 for a tube buffered loop. Give him a call. Mark does cover up his circuitry just like Trace does at voodoo. I don't mind that and I understand why they do it. People from amp companies have tried to check out their designs before. I would not send in a mint old plexi for example.

Here is his # 818-500-0286

Comment

HE can mod preamp but he will tell you this.
                          Only modding the preamp would not make the sound good.
                          And the best modification of his is to get your Marshall head ask him to mod.

Like Tommy says,He is the best for Mid 70's-early 80's.
                          Thoese JMPs.
                          They seem the best for modding.
                          I had Mark to mod a 80's JCM, 2 JMPs(100watt and 50watt),reissue head,early 70's 100watt.
                          The best result came with late JMPs.

Comment

Like this one:

Comment

If this link works. Here is a picture of Mark (long hair laughing on the right) testing my Marshall at a hotel for some of the NAMM attendees. The amp got very good reviews from those in attendance. The demo should boost Mark's business.

http://members.cox.net/bsavage/namm04/thegroup.jpg

Comment

I have a few amps modded by Mark and they are all great. His amps are truly outstanding and anyone looking for a mod whether they want Van Halen or all out death metal should give Mark a call.

Comment

Working...
                                X