Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Small Practice Amp That Shreds ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Really Small Practice Amp That Shreds ???

Greg,

I recently bought a POD 2.0 after trying it out several times (you know how you'll like something one time, then don't the next, etc...). Anyway, you know what ultimately convinced me to buy it? I went to the local Guitar Center and they had a Roland JC60 set up in the demo section. I was thinking, "this is gonna suck," but let me tell you, I was blown away by the high gain sounds. So.... if it sounds that great across a solid-state jazz amp, just imagine the possibilities.

I'll second the POD!
    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I like the VOX Brian May amp. It's very small, about the size of a portable radio and for a SS amp, it kicks serious butt!They go for $150 new and besides getting the Brian May tone, can get a little more agressive with hotter pickups. My SL2H sounds great with it.It has a built in Treble Booster which you can also use to drive a bigger amp with a hotter signal, headphone, amp and speaker outs and a dirty button for overdrive. I even drove my 4x12 cab with this little thing and it sounded pretty cool.
      I also heard the Orange 10 watt practice amp is pretty cool too, but I've never tried it yet.

Comment

My daughter has an early 90's BOSS MG-10. It's the size of a lunchbox and sounds like razorblades. It's only good for shredding but no effects/reverb. I paid $20 for it.

Comment

Jason Becker used a fender M80 practice amp on the song "blue" on the Perspective cd. I think it would be fair to say that he nails the shred sound with it. I dont know anything about the amp apart from this though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

get this! for $99 it CANNOT BE BEAT!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/.../base_id/76161

I would have recomended the tech 21 TM10 but this thing is the exact same thing for a lot less cash! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X