Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-amp owners inside please.....i need help

hey folks, just got my V-amp pro today
    while i did not completely familiarize myself with it yet, it does seem to have potential

i have a few questions.......(mainly being due to the instructions not being so great)

how the heck do i hook this thing up to my PC so i can download patches to it?
    is there any way to run this through an FX loop using the clean channel on my peavey ultra?
    i am considering buying a power amp to use with my peavey 412 and this v-amp.........can you recomend a power amp that will be both powerful enough to play shows and that will not break the bank (any amps that have really good bang for the buck?)

thanx

Re: v-amp owners inside please.....i need help

well it has stereo line outs....so I guess you need to plug one of those itno yyour computer's line in hole...or the mic hole. you'll proobably need an adapter from 1/4 to 1/8. I jus tgot one of thsese too and am still messing around with it...havent found "the" sound yet..but its in there...just gotta mess a littel more. I like this thing!

Comment

oh...for downloading patches...I hav eno idea. I'll have to check out teh manual for that. probably teh midi in and out parts or that AUX in has something to do wtih it. somebody else probably has a better Idea of how to download patches.

Comment

Power amps: Mesa 50/50 would be a good one for a reasonable price. (remember to enable the "drive" option in the v-amp, makes a HUGE difference)
        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Peavey Classic 60/60s are incredible bangs for the buck... I've seen them as low as $229 before, and I prefer the tone of those over the mesa 50/50s.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
            Peavey Classic 60/60s are incredible bangs for the buck... I've seen them as low as $229 before, and I prefer the tone of those over the mesa 50/50s.

Pete
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup that's a good one too. I owned one several years ago and it was a fine poweramp. Not sure if it sounds better than a mesa 50/50, but the price will definatly be better.
            www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

cool guys thanx for the info

i'm a peavey die-hard so thats exactly what i wanted to hear lol

this v-amp is ok, doesnt really have any "balls" like a real amp does, maybe its just because i havent used it that much yet

Comment

You hook the V-Amp up to the PC through its MIDI ports. If your computer doesn't have MIDI ports, you can buy a USB-to-MIDI converter box, and hook it up through your computer's USB port. In order to download patches and change the settings using the computer, you need to download software from Behringer's site. I think it's pretty easy to install and use, and makes it much easier to manipulate the sounds on your V-Amp, compared to using the V-Amp's own controls.

I don't have my V-Amp anymore, but it was a decent little box for the low price I paid.

Comment

ok cool, i'm not a new musician, but a little new to the technology

around how much should i pay for a USB to MIDI converter?

thanx

Comment

those of you that have used both the peavey classic 60/60 and the mesa 50/50, how would you compare/contrast the tone?

Comment

I have a V-Amp Pro that I'm using now with a Boogie 50/50 - sounds EXCELLENT!!
                      <My Pod Pro now sits in the rack unused...>

There's a couple recordings here you can check out that showcase the V-Amp Pro with the 50/50.

American Hardcore - Beginning Of The End

American Hardcore - Undone

American Hardcore - Sickened

I don't wanna get too into the song posting thing here cause this isn't the right section of the site for that, but since this is in regards to the tone of the V-Amp Pro, I feel justified.
                      [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You should be able to get a USB/MIDI box for about $40-50, if I recall correctly. There might even be some cheaper options than that now.

One bright thing the Line6 folks did on the PODxt was include a USB port, eliminating the need to use the MIDI ports for connecting with the computer and increasing the number of useful options for the PC connection. I would expect the next generation V-Amp (if there is one) will probably have something similar.

Comment

If you don't have MIDI ports on your PC, you can use your joystick port instead. You just need a cable that's MIDI in and out plugs on one end, and joystick plug on the other end. Should be a fair bit cheaper than having to buy a USB device.

Comment

cool
                            thanx for the tip!!!!!

i'm playing the V-amp through my 112 peavey ultra, and turning it up

i was wrong about it not having balls, its sounds pretty damn good, just gotta turn it up a little [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i espcially like the rectifier, marshall 800 series and ENGL savage beast sounds

the more i play with it, the better i like it

Comment

Originally posted by JiMoSiTY:
                              I have a V-Amp Pro that I'm using now with a Boogie 50/50 - sounds EXCELLENT!!
                              <My Pod Pro now sits in the rack unused...>

There's a couple recordings here you can check out that showcase the V-Amp Pro with the 50/50.

American Hardcore - Beginning Of The End
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow - I love that song! Who's the vocalist? I especially like the muted arpeggio solo parts at about the 3:00 mark. I gotta learn to do that!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X