• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: v-amp owners inside please.....i need help

Anyone know what amp is modelled in the

Modern Hi Gain
    Savage Beast

Is it the ENGL Savage 120w head ?
    I remember hearing talk about it being a Soldano too [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Is Modern Hi Gain & Savage Beast one and the same amp on the V-amp or are they 2 different ? Cuz I can only access the first one, that's where the red dot is.

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by RacerX:
      Originally posted by JiMoSiTY:
      [qb] I have a V-Amp Pro that I'm using now with a Boogie 50/50 - sounds EXCELLENT!!
      <My Pod Pro now sits in the rack unused...>

There's a couple recordings here you can check out that showcase the V-Amp Pro with the 50/50.

American Hardcore - Beginning Of The End
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow - I love that song! Who's the vocalist? I especially like the muted arpeggio solo parts at about the 3:00 mark. I gotta learn to do that!

Thank you, I appreciate the comments.
      My singers name is Andrea, I found her in a local pop cover band and converted her into a metal singer!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      <back to the v-amp discussion>

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:

Modern Hi Gain
        Savage Beast

I remember hearing talk about it being a Soldano too [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Is Modern Hi Gain & Savage Beast one and the same amp on the V-amp or are they 2 different ? Cuz I can only access the first one, that's where the red dot is.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are two different amp models, just by turning the knob, you're getting the Modern Hi Gain model, to get the Savage Beast model, you need to hold down the TAP button, then turn the knob to that setting, you should be able to tell the tone difference.

The Savage Beast is modeled after the Engl Savage 120, the Modern Hi Gain isn't really modeled after anything, just a model that Behringer put in of their own.

Comment

well, my only complaint so far is that the V-amp has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much treble

i find myself having to turn the treble nearly all the way down on the V-amp AND my peavey amp

i can get some pretty good sounds out of it though

anybody have a good Pantera sound setup for it?
          it will be a few days before i can run out and get a MIDI/joystick cable

Comment

you can go into the config mode and turn down the overall treb on a seperate 3 band eq and make it global. Thats what I had to do.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by JiMoSiTY:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:

Modern Hi Gain
              Savage Beast

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are two different amp models, just by turning the knob, you're getting the Modern Hi Gain model, to get the Savage Beast model, you need to hold down the TAP button, then turn the knob to that setting, you should be able to tell the tone difference.

The Savage Beast is modeled after the Engl Savage 120, the Modern Hi Gain isn't really modeled after anything, just a model that Behringer put in of their own.
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">THANKS!!
              Damn it got noisy when i had the Tap+Knob amp on, the noise was almost as loud as the playing

Think I'll stick with the Modern Hi-Gain, I like it the most!

Comment

Originally posted by RR_1525:
                you can go into the config mode and turn down the overall treb on a seperate 3 band eq and make it global. Thats what I had to do.

Don
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ah i c

thanx [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                  Peavey Classic 60/60s are incredible bangs for the buck... I've seen them as low as $229 before, and I prefer the tone of those over the mesa 50/50s.

Pete
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup that's a good one too. I owned one several years ago and it was a fine poweramp. Not sure if it sounds better than a mesa 50/50, but the price will definatly be better. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, it's all opinions. I had a 50/50 at the same time I had the peavey, and the peavey sounded better to me. I compared em at length with a Mesa studio preamp, a JMP1 Marshall pre and also a Tech 21 sansamp rackmount (PSA1).

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JiMoSiTY:
                    I have a V-Amp Pro that I'm using now with a Boogie 50/50 - sounds EXCELLENT!!

There's a couple recordings here you can check out that showcase the V-Amp Pro with the 50/50.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow - I love that song! Who's the vocalist? I especially like the muted arpeggio solo parts at about the 3:00 mark. I gotta learn to do that!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought I recognised that! You posted a faster, less polished version with a male vocal some time ago. I agree with Ron, great song!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JiMoSiTY:
                      I have a V-Amp Pro that I'm using now with a Boogie 50/50 - sounds EXCELLENT!!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought I recognised that! You posted a faster, less polished version with a male vocal some time ago. I agree with Ron, great song!
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that was an older 'demo' version before I put this band together, the last version had me doing vocals on it. This time, it's my full band instead of me doing everything.

Thanks for the compliments!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X