Peavey Ultra 2x12 60 wattTube Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Ultra 2x12 60 wattTube Amp

I just bought a Peavey Ultra 2x12 60 Watt Tube Amp from Ebay.2 6L6s and 4 12AX7s. These were getting ratings on HC from 8-10 to a person!! That is rare on any board. These things are loaded with features and they can be a super clean and high gain and different resonence selections and reverb, active EQ. I couldn`t beleive the praise this amp was getting. I was close to buying a Peavey Triple XXX 1x12 60 watter, but for $300 less and a better Reverb, I have got one almost like it!! I can`t wait until it comes and will do a further review!! Anybody else have or have had one of these? I kinda wanted the 1x12 model for less weight and size, but I got tired of waiting I am going to invest in a travel case for her, so i can take her places with me in the back of my Truck!! Jack.

Re: Peavey Ultra 2x12 60 wattTube Amp

i have the 112 version

i love it, using a compressor and an EQ and i get the crunch i love

its close to a rectifier sound for alot less

i just bought a V-amp, so i am wondering whether or not i should get a XXX head (or ultra 120 head for that matter if i can find one used) OR a power amp

this v-amp doesnt seem to have any "balls"

now i dont know if its just the way i am using it, or what, i have to give it more time

Comment

Re: Peavey Ultra 2x12 60 wattTube Amp

cool!! I was looking for the 1x12 version, but couldn`t find one for the price and the 2x12 came along and poof, I grabbed it!! Ya, I have a Boss GE-7 if I nead to scoop it some. The Triple XXX is nice, but the head version doesn`t have Reverb, if you were neading it? The combos Reverb is very weak, too small of a tank, how is the Ultras Reverb? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Working...
      X