Morley Bad Horsie II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley Bad Horsie II

Has anyone fooled with one of these enough to give an honest review. It seems all the HC reviews either love them or absolutely hate them. Are they worth a crap or should I look at the Vox?

Thanks for any input [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Brad

Re: Morley Bad Horsie II

Here's my review:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...=001247#000000

There are a few topics on the Bad Horsie 2 already. Try running a search. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well,
      I have (2) of them and they both took a dump on me!!!!!!!!!!!
      I went for the

Comment

Well,
        I have went thru (2) of them and both have taken a dump on me!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
        I went for the Mark Tremonti wah instead it has out lasted both of them.

my 2-cents

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie:
          Well,
          I have (2) of them and they both took a dump on me!!!!!!!!!!!
          I went for the
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Send them back to Morley. They'll fix them for free. I have an original Bad Horsie that I modded it. I love it.
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

I tried out a new right-out-of-the-package BH-II this weekend, since I'm in the market for a wah, and I thought it sucked. The sound was really raspy and there was very little 'gradient' (probably not the right word) in the wah effect. By that, I mean that the wah effect seemed to be all-on or all-off at one point in the pedal's travel. Certainly not suitable for doing subtle wah effects, or a slow "up-wah" as you play a run. My old Crybaby (which died a couple of years ago) was way more useful for the way I play wah-wah guitar.

I'm going to check out the Fulltone Clyde pedal this weekend if I get a chance. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Yeah, it's a lot more expensive, but if it's as much better as I've heard and it lasts, then it's probably worth the extra $$$.

Comment

I didn't ever really like either of the Bad Horsies...they sound too transparent and not organic enough for my wah tastes. I use a plain old Crybaby now and I'm happier than I was with my Morley Pro Series II...but my favorite wah out of the ones I've played is the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah. If my Crybaby ever dies I'm gonna buy one of those....

Comment

Working...
              X