Vintage30 speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage30 speakers

Which is the difference between the CELESTION VINTAGE30 and the GT12-75 speakers? Which is best? I play lead guitar on a hardrock/thrash metal band....

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanx!

Re: Vintage30 speakers

Want even a step better? Since you are playing in a Thrash metal band and are Lead guitarist, may I suggest the ever powerfull Celestion Classic Lead 80s, smokin loud and clear. I love these speakers!! Jack.

Comment

Thanks

Does anybody has a different or another opinion?

Comment

yes, i prever the vintage 30's because the 75's and up all seem to have way too much hiss and white noise. a good lower wattage speaker can be pushed harder before it blows and i think they have a tighter low end when in an enclosed cab.
        i have a 2x12 v30 recto (verticle) cab and i always cut through the mix nicely and i'm usually turned down already.

the white noise creats to much sound so the tones are not as clear once everyone else is playing.

~JW
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

i've tried both in 4x12s with a thrash sound, and i'd say the gt-75s are the ones to go for, they sound much tighter, more controllable bass & highs and more growly mid range. i found the vintage 30s sounded good on their own, but when the rest of the band kicks in, they turned out to be wa too fizzy and just couldn't cut through.

Comment

Unfortunable I can't test and compare the sound by myself because the don't bring the Vintage30 anymore, so I was planning to order directly from the US. But will another speaker sound similar? the Greenback 25w for example?

So I can compare because in Chile we have Greenback 25...

Thanks

Comment

I have both...actually, I HAD both. To me, the 75's brought out too much buzziness on the high end, they weren't smooth enough. The V30's are a very efficient speaker that handle volume extremely well. (You won't notice the whith noise as much with V30's.) A downside to the 30's is a pronounced mid spike which you may not like.

In the interest of full disclosure, I tested both speaker types in a Marshall 1960A and Standard Recto (oversize) 4x12. The 75's did have a nice "crunchy" sound, but were too brittle to my ears. I may end up putting them in a X pattern...so take it for what it is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                Want even a step better? Since you are playing in a Thrash metal band and are Lead guitarist, may I suggest the ever powerfull Celestion Classic Lead 80s, smokin loud and clear. I love these speakers!! Jack.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with Slayer! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Check out some Classic Lead 80s if you can! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] They are a reissue of the orginal G12-80. I've had Celestion V30's, 75's, 65's, 80's, 50's, 70's and original G12M-25's and G12H-30's out of all these Celestions I like the G12-80 the best [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , the G12-65's come close but have a little more midrange. The best for any Hard Rock/Metal or Thrash! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with ChasEric, I had both in a stereo rig and two 4x12's help balance each speakers dificiency. I liked the Vintage 30's more because I was looking for more mids(I was also running Dimarzio Fred's in my guitars too which are middy).

Comment

The Vintage 30s are very good all around speakers, but the Mid Spike is why I dodn`t choose them. I like Lows and Highs better than Mids, so there is a Speaker cab combo out there for everyone [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I really like the Vintage 30 in my Mesa 1x12 F-30 combo. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

V30s = better for hard rock or modern metal (heavier styles)

GT75s = better for old-school speed/thrash metal

goto www.celestion.com and check out the sound clips of each.

Comment

That "tone selector" thing had potential, but then they play totally different things for each soundbit and you really cant tell the different like you could if they played the exact hting for each soundbite... One will be a rythm and then the other will be a lead, how can you even compare that? bleh...

The classic Lead Celestion seems to sound nice....

Comment

I run a V30 in my 1x12 rack cab. It sounds great in every type of situation. If you want variety, they are excellent speaker.s

Comment

Hey MSGFan how'd you like the 70 watters?

Comment

Working...
                              X