Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC requirements for recording

@ Dreamland_rebel
    Well it's quite known that VIA chipsets are bad for recording PCs. But i can't agree that everything but Intel is bad. But i have to say that you should differ between Athlon and P4.
    The company of my soundcard has some cool FAQ on their site and their number one recommendation as far as chipsets go is the Nvidia chipset for Athlon based systems. However they recommend Intel chipsets for P4.

@ ChlorineRR4
    Every motherboard has a chipset besides the main cpu. And like with different motherboard and cpu companies there are different companies that make chipsets. Some chipsets like the VIA chipsets are known for making problem with recording audio because it could be that the data stream that your recording card should deliver to your harddisk is getting interrupted (the chipset also controls the data streams on your pci bus) resulting in clicks which isn't a very nice thing. The VIA KT133 is most known for this problem however it's very old and won't get sold today (i think the new ones are KT333 and KT400).

If i were you i first would decide on the recording card you want to buy and then search for informations regarding your specific recording card. Search in message boards and other information sources for the best components. This way you will get an idea on what components you can use for your specific card and what components you should avoid. I think that's the best way of approaching this topic. This way you won't have a pc with some wrong parts for your soundcard/system/recording software.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

ATI RADEON 9100 IGP + ATI IXP200

thats the chipset...........will there be any problems with that one?

Comment

and i am also looking at the ECHO GINA card

Comment

Working...
        X