low watt tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low watt tubes

i heard someone mention voodoo low watt tube amps but i cant find them. anyone ever played on a 1 or 1/2 watt tube amp? i wonder if one could be built with metal in mind

Re: low watt tubes

i may be talking out of my ass. But you might want to check out Twisteramps; Pete's stuff. I think he makes low wattage ass kickers.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx:
      i heard someone mention voodoo low watt tube amps but i cant find them. anyone ever played on a 1 or 1/2 watt tube amp? i wonder if one could be built with metal in mind
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You wouldn't really want one for metal - it would lack headroom and get a more compressed 'classic rock' tone. This is why most of the metal amps are higher wattage - to stay tight and focused. About the lowest wattage you'd want is around 5-15, and even then if you cranked the amp all the way it would mush out a bit. However, a 5 watt amp can still be loud with a good 4x12 speaker cab.

Now if you were looking for 80s metal or 60s-70s rock, I could fix you right up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

my aim name is itsjimmayyy if you have aim im just looking for something quite in my room lol

Comment

Working...
        X