zakk wylde sig overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zakk wylde sig overdrive

has anyone received the new Guitar World, well on page 73 it has an advertisement for the new Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal from mxr, has anyone heard anything about the sound yet

Re: zakk wylde sig overdrive

MXR????? I remember a limited run of Boss Super Overdrives painted in his Bullseye pattern but I haven't heard of his MXR pedal yet.

Comment

yeah, around the switch there is the bullseye pattern, but its an mxr, wonder how it'll sound, and how much dunlop will charge, prolly hundreds

Comment

the new Guitar Player has a Zakk article...I believe it's just a clean boost.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

One thing is for shure...most of artists don't use their own signature products. EMG has zakk signature pups, but he dosn't uses them... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Uhh..what's he use then? Almost every guitar of his I've seen has EMGs, since almost the beginning...

Comment

The Zakk signature pickups are just an 81 and an 85 sold togehter in a fancy package, aren't they? There is nothing special about them, and I believe he does use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Haemonculus:
                One thing is for shure...most of artists don't use their own signature products. EMG has zakk signature pups, but he dosn't uses them... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Insert foot in mouth. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

the new Guitar Player has a Zakk article...I believe it's just a clean boost.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it available yet. I have been wanting a boost pedal for a while but am unsure what to buy. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dunlop doesn't have it listed on their site yet, so I don't know what the deal is. I guess a lot of companies haven't had time to update their sites, but they should soon since NAMM is over.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah, so I posted at HC, and one member told me that it was a boost pedal that got his tone well IF driving a tube amp, not that good for driving a clean channel though

Comment

Yeah, the Zakk EMG set is just an 81 and an 85, but it has 2 sets of pots: One standard set, and one set with longer posts to go through the thick control cavity of a Les Paul. I bought the set, but just because it was cheaper to buy the 81-85 setup in the Zakk package as opposed to buying them separately.

Comment

I thought that zakk sig PuPs were a "special" version. I didn't knew that were 81s with 85s, beeing so, thats cool fer me.
                          But I still think that sig progduts are just made to sell more, because of the name.
                          "I want to sound likem him, so I have to buy his pedal/whatever".
                          Lets see if zakk drops is superoverdrive and starts playing with his sig pedal... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with ya there dude. Except his amp, usually Zakk has a decent track record of playing the stuff that he endorses (well, he might not play his sig Les Pauls per se but they have the same mods as his actual guitars). But when a dude gets signature strings, it's sort of ridiculous I think.

Comment

Working...
                            X