Whats On Your Pedalboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats On Your Pedalboard?

Another friend of mine has had one of these for years (too many guitarists here, that's why I'm having trouble getting band members), he seemed to like it pretty good. Most of the time he plugged it into a Boss GT3 and into a Fender Hot Rod DeVille combo amp...he is sort of a Satch-type player and always seemed to like that wah. I never tried it myself.

Comment

I dont use more than 1 pedal anymore, ever...and that pedal is a E-H holy grail, which I like a lot for reverb, it sounds so quirky...

Otherwise I run a Behringer Parametric EQ, Alesis Quadraverb Pro, Line 6 Echo Pro, and a Single channel Hush noise gate.

I play technical, progressive death metal, but I have psycho-delic influences too...

Comment

When you settle on an amp you really like, follow the rule of "less is more" when constructing a pedalboard. I have 2 effect loops on my amp an run it like this:

Straight into the amp: Boss TU-2.
        Loop 1: Digitech Digidelay into a MIJ Boss GE-7.
        Loop 2: Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus. (I only use it for one song in our setlist.)

My advice would be to check around for some old used Made in Japan Boss pedals...they are really built well, my GE-7 just sounds so nice and quiet.

If you like delay, but really hate that thin, tinny sound of digital delay...check out the Digitech Digidelay...seriously. (And yes, it is digital.) The "Tape Echo" setting on it is amazing. I A/B'd it against some very expensive pedals, and yes, you could hear a difference...but not a $200 or $300 dollar difference.

BBE Sonic Maximizer...I had one and also got tired of it...sold it a year later.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Comment

I was watching that Digitech Digidelay some time ago. I went to a store on Saturday to try it but they didn't have it in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by It's All In My H3ad:
            I was watching that Digitech Digidelay some time ago. I went to a store on Saturday to try it but they didn't have it in stock.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you'd be very pleasantly surprised. If you're not a fan of that super crisp digital sounding delay prevelant in most DD stomps, this is a nice cheap alternative. Use the Tape Echo setting as it is considerably darker. That little box really surprised me.

Comment

Working...
            X