Whats On Your Pedalboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats On Your Pedalboard?

As far as a case goes. I bought a keyboard bag and just put the board in it. It is very nice because of the extra pockets and what not. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If you want to build one like mine, or like SLO 100's, then just go to Home Depot, buy a piece of plywood (stick everything you'll be putting on your board on a piece of cardboard and measure out how big you want it so you can get the closest that they have), get some velcro, and if you want a can of spray paint. My mom also got these things made by 3M...they're like little rubber stop pads that will keep your board from skidding around onstage. As far as a case goes, you can make one out of plywood like I'm planning to do for my pedalboard and MIDI controller, or you can go look around at Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity for an old suitcase that might fit it. Good luck man, if you need any help just ask on here and there will surely be someone to help you out!

Comment

I can't imagine how one breaks a fulltone wah. Mine appears to be indestructible. It was even trod upon by a few errant dancers! It is a killer pedeal. I will never again buy a Dunlop wah (which this replaced). The overtones present even when switched off drove me away.

Home Depot pedalboards definitely rock!
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

I think I'll probably build my own pedalboard then. So one question. What brand/effects in particular should I get? I need all of them not to exceed $500. EQ, Delay, Chorus, Wah, and maybe something on the side like a Whammy or something.

Comment

Oh yeah...diss the Whammy and instead put a Compressor and a Noise Supressor instead. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

a chromatic tuner could be helpful on there.. the noise suppressor is a good idea since it powers up to like 7 other pedals so it'll keep things cleaner on the board.

Comment

These are just my recommendations...for eq I would try a Boss GE7 or the MXR 10-band graphic eq pedals. Wah I would check out a Dunlop Crybaby and Jimi Hendrix, and if you can find one around a Fulltone like Bret uses. For chorus and delay I'd look at the ones that Boss makes, or the big fancy ones that Line 6 makes (the ones with 4 footswitches). For noise suppression, lots of people seem to like the Boss Noise Suppressor, and the MXR Smart Gate. One more thing I forgot to mention before...if you're planning on playing with a band, I'd seriously look into buying a tuner pedal like a Boss TU2. It mutes when you turn it on to tune, because nobody wants to hear you do the tuning song onstage.

Comment

Thanks for the reccomendations you guys. I'll definetely check out some of those pedals. I was thinking about a Dunlop 535Q wah or the Morley Bad Horsie or Tremonti Power Wah. I'm thinking about getting one of these. Hopefully I'll have my pedalboard in a month or so.

Comment

Be careful about pedalboard tuners that use LED's. One outdoor gig will teach you that lesson!

This is why I went through the trouble of mounting the Boss tuner with the needle indicator to my board.

Also, on the wah, just make sure you thoroughly test it before you buy. It is worth the extra $ for a true bypass wah (or any pedal for that matter). My old Cry Baby really interfered with my tone even when turned off.
                    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Good call Bret...what does the Fulltone sound like? I like wahs with a deeper and lower frequency. Maybe in a few years I'll upgrade my wah pedal, so I better start considering my options now [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] By the way what delay do you use in your effects loop?

Comment

slo100, why do you say that one outdoor gig will teach me that lesson? what do you mean...are they noisy or something like that?

Comment

He's probably saying that as LEDs can be hard to see when under sunlight.

Comment

Oh okay. I guess that could happen, hehe.

Comment

Yeah, I should have clarified. I daresay it is impossible to see an LED in direct sunlight! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

As far as the wah question, Ethan, the Fulltone is a great sounding wah with an adjustable sweep. He is making one now that is tweakable from the outside and has a couple extra features from mine. I am happy with mine. I like the transparancy (bypass) when it is off, the super heavy duty construction, and it sounds great.
                              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Would you guys reccomend the Dunlop 535Q? I'm planning on buying one.

Comment

Working...
                                X