Best 2-12 cab for 80's and modern sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 2-12 cab for 80's and modern sound

Hey guys I just bought a used voodu valve and I'm going to get a new mesa 20 20 as they are going up 100 dollars more on Feb 1. The mesa is a long time keeper so I decided to get it new but the VV is an experiment. Anyway I have a mesa 4-12 but I want to run this setup thru a 2-12 and I was looking at mesa 2-12 and genz benz. Any thoughts? Being they are both priced at 499 I am having a hard time picking. I might go genz benz just to have a completly different sound.Just thinking out loud.

Re: Best 2-12 cab for 80\'s and modern sound

Genz Benz bro...

Comment

I have a 20/20 run through a 2x12 G-flex and it kicks some major ass.I did a comparison on open and closed back Mesa 2x12s including the rectos and even 4x12 series as well.I bought the Genz Benz, to my ears it sounded the best.
      If you have a Mesa 4x12 allready it should be a no brainer.You know that 20/20 will power that 4x12 cab just fine! Actually quite a bit more than just fine!
      You gotta do whats good for you, what you like!

Get the Benz and run the 20/20 in stereo to the 2 different cabs........see what you think
      Any reputable store will give you at least 30 days to return or exchange. The trick is locating a store that carries both brands.
      If you're a good customer they'll refund your money if you're not happy. I was stunned to hear this from my local GC, but I guess I have spent quite a bit there!

Comment

Hey, GC refunds money to bad customers too! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
          Genz Benz bro...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">amen ! //Steve

Comment

Anyone know the street price on the Genz Benz G-flex 2-12 cabs? or even the 412 cabs for that matter, I saw the 412 list as $1099...

Comment

the 2x12s list for around $450 a pop. that reminds me, i have to take pictures of mine for my brother to throw up on the bay. mmm thanks.

Comment

$450 List actually isn`t bad for a 2x12 Genz Benz, that probably meens it is under $400. You could go that high with an Avatar cabinet if you get it loaded with really good speakers and stuff.I would like to try a Genz Benz some day. Jack.

Comment

mmmm, i think i use a dif. wording than is designated. when i said they list for $450, i meant, that's how much they retail for. approximately. figure between $435 and $465. not the MSRP, but the list as in they list for that off the shelf of the store. i paid around 445 for mine. i have the receipt upstairs some place.

Comment

Hey thanks guys I was leaning towards the Genz Benz and I'm going to get 1. They list for over 600 but I've seen them at MF for 499 shipped free which brings it down to about 450 brand new. Hey OUTLANDER what preamp are you running thru the 20 20 and genz benz cab? I'll be running a VV as soon as it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by cryoprison:
                      mmmm, i think i use a dif. wording than is designated. when i said they list for $450, i meant, that's how much they retail for. approximately. figure between $435 and $465. not the MSRP, but the list as in they list for that off the shelf of the store.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Geez man, post sober! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

For example, I'll do a worksheet on the new JS30 series:

MSRP (LIST): $427.99
                        (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price)
                        Nobody pays this unless they see it on the SKU sticker at Guitar Center and whip out the cash (clueless individual).

GLP (Street): $299
                        (Greatest Low Price)
                        What you can buy the item for at most retailers.

COST: xxx (see my other post)
                        What it costs the retailer.

MSRP = List

Comment

PIKA....
                          I'm using two preamps.An older first model ADA MP1 and a ART SGX2000. I basically use the ADA and then tailor the tone more with the front tone knobs on the ART.Sometimes I will use some of the effects in the ART as well.

Comment

i use and prefer the mesa 2x12 verticle recto cab. its the best cab i've ever used. and sounds perfect for that 80's sound.

~JW
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                            X