Randall Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Amps

Anybody have any experience with Randall Amps?
    I know they are solid state, but I heard the Titan Head the other day blasted loud in a music store and I almost shat myself!
    The distortion was unreal!! Great tone!! now I know what phil collen is talking about!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Aaaaaaay! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Randall Amps

I am interested in their cabs. Phil used them back in June, I was suprised.

Comment

I currently use Randall cabinets and I have used Randall heads for years. They also make tube heads. Randall rocks... period. If you want 80's metal or a contemporary Disturbed type tone then they are the answer.

Comment

Soilwork, anyone? They've been using Randalls for a while now.

Comment

What cabs have you used by them, I looked on their site and they have a lot of them!?

Comment

You should check out the Cyclone XL head also! Huge gain and includes a 9 band EQ. I played one at NAMM with Hellraiser, YouThinkYourFish (sic) and Lloyd Grant.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Friend of my bought a RG80ES new in the late 80s. Solid state. He still has it: the clean has never worked right (two trips back in the first 30 days, and Randall service finally said "live with it") - the lead channel bleeds through. So even clean, you can hear the overdrive in the background.

But he loves the thing: just uses the lead channel, and uses another amp for clean. And I KNOW that it has been abused: for about three years, we were in a band together, and I bet I puked on it at least a dozen times.

(He forgave me.)

Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Originally posted by axtogrind:
                Friend of my bought a RG80ES new in the late 80s. Solid state. He still has it: the clean has never worked right (two trips back in the first 30 days, and Randall service finally said "live with it") - the lead channel bleeds through. So even clean, you can hear the overdrive in the background.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My RG120es has the same problem-or the opposite, the clean is always on, so those knobs stay at 0. The lead channel does rule! Try feeding one an inverse V w/an EQ, that is heavy!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

My brother just bought an Rh-100 head. Best solid state head I ever heard, especially for 300.00! The clean is awesome on it and it has 2 Usable OD channels.
                  Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Evergray used Randall Titans when I saw them live, their tone was quite good. Marios from Nightrage also uses a RH200SC live and to record some parts on Sweet Vengeance.

Comment

The Randall amp of choice for me was the 1986 RG100ES-SS. Fuggin outstanding amp with 2 channels and the ability to combine the 2. The Randall cabs I use are the 2 x 12 versions. They look exactly like a 4 x 12 half stack but downsized. I load them with Altec Lansing 300w whiteframe speakers. They are the best cabinets I have ever used. Tight with TONS of bottom. A total 80's heavy metal cabinet. Bottom line... Randall Rocks.

Comment

I agree with JG whole heartedly. I have a 87 RG100es S.S. The thing rocks, great distortion amazing clean channel.I use it with a Mesa 20/20 thru a G Benz.When I use both amps at the same time it's killer!
                        The one thing I don't like is the footswitch for the Randall the connector is a proprietory item or at least very hard to find.
                        If your conecter is bad you will get bleed thru. Also if it is not plugged in you only get the last channel or channels it was set at and of course you can't switch or change them.
                        Can anyone tell me what the Jaguar speakers that are in the 4x12 cab can be compared to?

Comment

Jaguar speakers sound like Peavey Scorpions to me. If you need that 6 pin connector it is made by Cinch TRW. I have a few hundred of them in stock. It is still a pretty popular plug for OEM use. I am pretty sure the part # is P306CCT.

Comment

If you need your footswitch repaired just let me know. I have fixed several of them over the years. A tell tale sign of the connector failing is bleed through from both channels and intermittent channel switching. It can even get caught between both channels sometimes.

Steve... I don't have the Randall anymore. They are easily gotten on Ebay. Don't forget to check out the Fender RocPro 1000 head and combo. They are killer and for the money there is probably nothing better. Malmsteen used stock ones for years at conventions and clinics. He even did an instructional video using one. I am sure he used them because of his Fender endorsement but they still sound great.

Comment

Hay JG...ya still got that randall head ya wanna get rid of?

Email me. I just sent you your tracking #.

Comment

Working...
                              X