Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Ultra plus

I was wanting your opinions.

I like to play Megadeth to In Flames sounding kinda stuff.

A friend of mine said they are really good, but he's into lighter stuff.

They go pretty damn cheap on ebay.

Whats your thoughts on it?

Re: Peavey Ultra plus

I think these are a great amp for the price. A friend of mine has one thats totally screwed from where he left it in his jeep with the top off and it got rained on. Im trying to buy it to rebuild. Its truely a beast IMHO.

Don

Comment

The Ultra Plus is a nice amp. It's the amp the XXX was based off of. It has a nice clean and 3 channels which is cool. I think the 5150 is more agressive sounding but the Ultra is a nice amp. Try one out. Only you can say for sure if your gonna like it.
      Jerry
      FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

I have the Peavey Ultra 2x12 como with 60 Watts. It is loaded with options, a very nice Reverb, and built very-very well. It doesn`t quite have the gain of the Triple XXX, but it does with the DOD Death metal pedal I use [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Without the pedal, you can play anything up to Hard Rock, but with A pedal, you can go Metal to anything, depending on the pedal, and if you play her thru different cabs. I personally love the Peavey Sheffeilds in my combo [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I was going to buy a Triple XXX, but I fell into this amp, and the write ups are awsome on it, and the knobs are very nice. Jack.

Comment

Working...
        X