What Effects Processor should I get!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Effects Processor should I get!?

Ok, I've been looking around at all the amp companies for a while now, as some of you know by my Marshall posts. And so here is my conclusion...
    I'm going for the Carvin Legacy. My friend just recently bought it and it sounds great!

Since There's no way in hell I'm going to find a vintage Marshall in my Price Range or Settle for a cheaper Peavy, there lies the Carvin. So now that this phase of amp searching is over, I'm looking for a rack setup.

I want an effects processor with lots of effects like Flanger, Delay, all the kinds of stompbox effects. So far the Chameleon 2000 is the only one that gives me this, the only problem is that it is a preamp, which I don't need since I am going to get a head. Can you guys recommend me a power Conditioner, Effects Processor, and whatever else I should have in my rack. I'm going for best price for quality, which is why the Chameleon appeals to me.

Also, what Wah-Wah pedal do you guys recommend, I've been looking at the Mark Tremonti Wah. I also have been looking a the 130 dollar Behringer Footpedal for it's large storage space and expression pedals, not to mention the price. Also, if yoou know of an amp just around the 1k dollar range that you think is better than the Carvin Legacy, let me now. Thanks for all the Help and knowledge all of Jacksonites have provided me with. I already now which guitar rules all, obviously! *Koff* Jackson *Koff*

Re: What Effects Processor should I get!?

I haven't heard it myself but the Rockton Xpression is what you're looking for. No preamp and all the effects.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

For a power conditioner the Furman AR1215
      is great, but it's also $429.99 from AMS,
      so not exactly cheap. If not that then the PL Plus at $159.95 is good but doesn't offer as much protection.

For effects get a used Intellifex; they go for $125-$150 typically and any MIDI footpedal should work fine with it. Then
      get a BBE422A, and run those in the loop of your amp; should sound real good!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

As stated, the Intellifex is definitely the cool bargain of the current time in effects units.

If you want more, then look to the TC Electronics G-Major, but they are around $450. And it has the flanges, phases, parametric EQ and misc filters, that the intellfex doesn't. Even has a tuner built in!

You will like either. Prolly like the TC more, but at a price. I still run an Intellifex in rack and am generally happy with it.

Comment

I have a G-major, and I love it. I would try one out, they are very cool.

I currently have a Bad Horsie II, its ok. I like the fact that it activates right when you push down the pedal.

Comment

Specifically what effects does the Intellifex have and how much does it cost new? Also, any other things I should include in my rack other than the power conditioner and effects processor? What else is useful to have in a rack? THis info is needed and appriciated, thanks to all that posted.

Comment

Working...
            X