Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

talking S.S, peavey's XXL or carvins SX-300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talking S.S, peavey's XXL or carvins SX-300?

dont know about the carvin but i have a 3 guitar band and 1.we all have XXL 2.we all have very different sound.this amp is very versatile.the only thing a have add is a eq in the loop.if you dont have the cash for a realy good tube amp go for it you wont be disappointed.i play anything from good old rock to black metal and this thing do the job...just my .02

Re: talking S.S, peavey\'s XXL or carvins SX-300?

I have spent some quality time with both the SX200 and the SX300 along with the XXL. Even though I absolutely love Carvin amps I would go with the XXL. The Peavey is a very serious SS amp. It will really fool you into thinking that it is a tube amp. Its that good and very versatile. It looks cool too.

Comment

If I buy a new amp, it would definitely be the Carvin SX300. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

You get 10 days from the time it's delivered to test it out. If you don't like it, you send it back for a refund, no questions asked.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

and how about xxl vs randalls ( rh 100 / 200 ) or peavey supreme head ?

Comment

I played that same XXL thru an XXL 4x12 cab and it rocked out hard, it had the closest Tube sound out of any Solid State amp I have ever played thru and had great Crunch [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

talking S.S, peavey\'s XXL or carvins SX-300?

which of these two delivers the goods?
            the carvin has the same features at $100 less with smart effects. but unfortunately they are factory direct only [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] so i cannot give one a test drive!
            looking for a old and newer metal tone and need three channnels. one for cleans,one for chugging distorted rhythms and one for lead only.
            these are the only two 3 channel S.S heads i know of?

Comment

I just bought a Carvin SX200 Head. I love it, but it's definitely not for metal. I would assume it is similar to the 300? but I don't know for sure
              nan

Comment

Peavey Supremes are probably the best deal going in amps right now. I have a Transtue 100 head I got in a trade and I love it. You'll definitely want to check them out.

Comment

this tech 21 TM 300 is supposed to be a great S.S amp?

Comment

yeah I have been nothing but happy since I got my XXL head , I run it through the behringer 4 / 12 slant cab , killer rig if ya don't have lottsa cash ! now I just got to get my x v-amp foot board to run through the fx loop and I'll be a damn happy man ! come on behringer get that x v-amp out there you bastards I am sic of waiting [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                      this tech 21 TM 300 is supposed to be a great S.S amp?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I have only heard good things about this one, but I've never seen one here in Germany...

If I'm not mistaken the TM 300 has three fully independent channels... meaning you can have three clean channels if you want, or three distortion channels, or whatever other combination you want to dial in.

But it does cost its fair share of money, and they don't make a 120 watt version as a head AFAIK.

That's why I got the Peavey XXL instead, and I'm a happy man... Like Steve I run it through a Behringer BG412H cab, very nice combination and just awesome value for the money.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Tech 21 makes great stuff! I've got the SansAmp Tri-AC pedal... that thing is awesome. It's recommended to be used in the effects loop as not to color the sound of your amp, but it also works great straight in front of the amp, which is where I usually use it. And you can bypass it and use your normal amp channels for even more sounds!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's got three programmable footswitchable channels for Fender, Marshall and Mesa/Boogie sounds (Tweed, British, California). Like FifthHorseman mentioned, you can set all three channels up for whatever sound you want.

I assume the TM300 would be pretty much the same as the Tri-AC, just in head form.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X