Just brought home my new amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just brought home my new amp!

The GC near me had a clearance sale on Vetta 2x12 combos and I got the last one! Yesterday I played it in the store for about an hour and a half and the factory presets sounded better than most of my user presets in my old rig( Digitech GNX3 into an ART SGX2000 on a clean tube setting into a Peavey 60 watt power ampinto a Marshall 1960A slant 4x12). I've had it home for a little over an hour and I'm blown away. The only problem I'm having right now is trying to figure out how to set up my own presets. I had one that was perfect for my 7 string, but when I changed something about the delay in it the whole tone changed and I can't figure out what I did or how to change it back!

Has anyone has upgraded a Vetta to the Vetta II tone library? Was worth it? Anyone have any tips for better tones on a Vetta?

Re: Just brought home my new amp!

I think Pete (nipple-Twisteramps) did this with his Vetta....try asking him. Good luck!

Comment

Thanx Willie. Hopefully he'll see this.

Comment

Upgrade it to II specs IMMEDIATELY. It changes the tone of the entire amp - if you like it now, you'll love it afterwards. However, if you've invested a lot of time getting tones tweaked just right... then upgrading will make you want to change all those tweaked patches. Better off doing it now than later imho.

Pete

Comment

Thanx Pete. I need to get the midi adapter Friday when I go into work. I can't imagine this amp getting better but i'll upgrade this weekend and see what happens!

Comment

Working...
          X