slave out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slave out

Hi, as some of you know, I'm planning to make a rack, I will be switching between a TriAxis and a TSL100 HEAD. But for this I need to use an external power amp. My question is: How I can connect my TSL100 for just using his preamp section, not the power one, so the connection be be (amp switcher ----> TSL----->amp switcher ---power amp)?

The TSL doesn't have slave out, like mesas. Someone told me to use de loop effects but sounds me a little strange. Is that true?

Thanks

Re: slave out

The effects loop can be used to slave another amp. Just run a cable from the effects loop send and into the input of another amp. I've done that to get two combo amps running together at the same time. I read about doing that awhile ago in some guitar mag. Not sure if that really helps you, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you run the TSL head without a speaker or a dummy load you will blow up the head. A Marshall SE100 is a device that I THINK you could plug the head's speaker out into, then safely use it as a preamp only. Might want to ask Twisteramps Pete
      if that's correct though; he builds the stuff, I just make sure not to spill beer on 'em! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Now you could run a signal from the preamp out/effects send of the TSL, but you would still have the problem
      that without a load on the speaker output you would blow up a transformer.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Just buy a power amp...less of a hassle, less compromise.

Comment

Working...
        X