ENGL Fireball...yet another question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL Fireball...yet another question.

My brother is about to abandon the land of 5150..ness. He is seriously considering the purchase of a ENGL Fireball and 2 Genz benz 2x12's. His favorite guitar tones right now are Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore and Darkane..I think. He loves Angel Dust too.

This is a wise choice yes? the Fireball is a loud little fucker isn't it? Maybe some suggested Settings from you guys...to get him started.

Re: ENGL Fireball...yet another question.

I use this setting at the moment:

Gain 11.00
    Bass 13.00
    Mid 11.00
    Treble 12.00

Awesome tone for Metal.
    The head is loud but not that loud,my gh50l was a bit louder,but I have to change valves to see how much loud it can be.

Comment

I've never heard an amp that has Gain that goes to 11 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Yes i know you meant 11 o clock [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] )

Comment

Didn't Spinal Tap actually have amps that had buttons showing up to 11?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
          I've never heard an amp that has Gain that goes to 11 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Yes i know you meant 11 o clock [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] )
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Soldano SLO's dial's all go to 11, [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Derek

Comment

Yes they sure do and If I am not wrong Mike was inspired by spinal tap to make them that way no?
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

My old Marshall Valvestate's gain goes to 20. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So, Mordor, you havea fireball? What are your influences....would you say you get a pretty good tone match to them? I will til have a 5150...will I be drowning him out ? Not a huge deal as I have to play keyboards as well.

Comment

I play thrash/death,imo it has a great tone.Really great articulation and clarity.All the gain you need and much more too.If you search this section you should find my post with a not so good clip of the fireball,you can have an idea of the sound it can get.

In the end I say that it's one of the best cheap valve heads suited for metal.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...=001505#000000

yup...between your clip and the clip on DerekB's store website. I"m pretty convinced the fireball kicks some major ass. now...anybody have a clip of the clean channel?

Comment

Working...
                    X