Uses and/or need of a Delay pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses and/or need of a Delay pedal

I use a Boss digital delay for leads and cleans. All the reason I need to use delay can be heard in "Aces High", possibly the best use of the effect I can think of! I also like the Boss DD-series pedals because you can get a volume boost out of it too.
    sigpic

Uses and/or need of a Delay pedal

Whats the benefit of a Digital Delay or maybe not specifically a DD but a delay? Considering purchasing one but would like to understand the uses and benefits of this pedal. Thanks in advance, John

Comment

Re: Uses and/or need of a Delay pedal

I like having one for ambience for solos, to make them sound more dramatic and huge! Also having one for texture on clean parts is cool, and making loops of noise are fun, great ways to get the show started, and you can create a subtle slapback to thicken up your tone a little, or do absolute crazyness with them! Try one out, I think you might like it.

Comment

I also use the delay on clean settings. Electric guitar clean sounds tend to be a little...i don't know...plain? Using a little delay can give a sort of "hollow" sound, thickening up the tone a little, making it a little warmer to the ears. On overdriven sounds, it makes leads a little more alive sounding, and helps you stand out from the "pack". Plus you can do all sorts of crazy Pink FLoyd type sounds. ANd they are just plain fun to screw around with.

Comment

Ditto what everyone else said. My advise would be to check out several different models...some are better than others. I didn't like my Boss DD-6, but love my Digitech Digidelay on the "Tape Echo" setting. It sounds a tad darker than regular digital delays and has a cool decay to it.

Experiment and have fun.

Comment

Working...
          X