Which Pedal To Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Pedal To Buy?

Hey guys. I'm going to buy a wah and a noise supressor tomorrow and I have these picks in mind:

Dunlop 535Q
    Morley Tremonti Powerwah
    -------------------------
    Boss NS-2
    Rocktron "Hush" pedal

Which one of these should I choose? I've only heard good things about Dunlop. The Crybaby has a 26db boost I think? And the Tremonti has 20db's, but it's a stepon wah, which is kinda cool. As far as the noise supressors, I used to have the Boss one and it took away too much of my tone. Will that "Hush" work? Thanks in advance!

Re: Which Pedal To Buy?

Well, to get out of the chosen options....

I absolutely love my bad horsie, so I guess I would recommend the tremonti, since it is Morley also.

As for noise suppresor, DO NOT BUY THE HUSH PEDAL FROM ROCKTRON!!!!!!!
    Get the Boss one, or read up on the MXR Smart Gate. I have owned the hush pedal and it sucks tone, picking action, and everything else that, as a guitarist, you love.
    The Smart gate is 100 PERCENT TRANSPARENT, it is only engaged when you are not playing, when you stop playing, it kicks on and is totally silent, even with all sorts of effects going, and high gain, and whatever you'll throw at it. but as soon as you hit a note, or a pick slide, or whatever, it turns itself off and you get 100 percent of your guitar tone.
    You have plenty of range to set it up, because if you have it set to it's maximum, your notes will have no sustain, they will be cut off. But realize that there is so much control on the smart gate, that you can dial in EXACTLY where you want it to kick in and cut the noise.

The hush the pedal has one knob (the old models had two) and is a POS. if you have it set to maximum it will cut your sustain off, and by the way, that's the only setting that eliminates noise!!!!!

nandrew

Comment

I have the MXR Smart Gate. KILLER pedal. Doesn't suck any signal. True bypass, I believe. Works like a charm.

Comment

That MXR Pedal looks pretty interesting. Will it sound better than my old Boss NS-2? . Also which wah would you guys reccomend? I also saw one of those Boss V-Wahs and it looks kinda cool. Anyone tried this one out?

Comment

I have both a Crybaby (not the Q though) and the Mark Tremonti. I never understood the Crybaby, for me it was always very weak and kind of useless, and I don't use it anymore. Maybe it's just that I couldn't use it properly, I don't know, but I like the Tremonti a thousand times more. I don't use the boost thing on it. Also, by opening it, you can set the time after what the effect switches off once you release it (between 0-2 sec I think). I'd buy it again if I had to.

I think the reviews from Harmony Central say it all. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the 535Q atm and it kicks ass. The boost is really powerful and the settings available on the dial up knobs let you do dozens of different sounds. It's a super versitle pedal and so far I haven't had any problems with it. I like it ten times more than the standard crybaby because of all the settings and the boost.

Chuck
            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
            X