Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing a Single Rectifier with a Mark IIC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing a Single Rectifier with a Mark IIC?

What do you think is the best amp? I've got a Single Rectifier, but have the opportunity to buy a Mark IIC, but I have to buy it unheard. I can't afford to have both amps, so I have to sell the Rectifier to get the Mark IIC. I play mostly metal, so what would yo think is the best amp for that style of music?

And what is the difference between a Mark IIC+ and a Mark IIC?

Re: Comparing a Single Rectifier with a Mark IIC?

And what is the difference between a Mark IIC+ and a Mark IIC?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">About $1500 used!!!
    No seriously - Mesa will do a C to C+ mod for about $450.. but if you like the tone of the C when you hear it.. keep it as is...
    C/C+ designation has something to do with the FX Loop, as well as the channel switching... it DOES NOT have to do with EQ/simulclass, etc, as both C and C+ models had those as options...
    I think the biggest diff between the C/C+ and the recto, is that the clean channel on the C is REAL sweet (fender clean)

Comment

Thanks for the info. But what about the distortion on a Mark II C compared to a Rectifier?

Comment

If you play Metal and love the Rect you have, I don't recommend you to go with MKIIC.
        I used to own C+ and liked it but it is not a metal amp.
        Great for Soloing.
        Also these older amps share same EQ with 2 CHs which sucks because you can set real nice Lead tone then the clean CH would sound terrible.

If you like your rect and want something like MKIIC,I recommend you to get a Triaxis and a power amp.
        or maybe Line6 Vetta.

or if you have money, keep the Rect and buy the MKIIC.
        Use AB box to use the both amps [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree - the Rec is heavier and probably more metal, though if you take a LONG time to tweak the C+, you can get some GREAT tones ("Puppets" era metallica, and Petrucci)

Comment

the MK2C is definately a great amp. listen to Dream Theater to get the idea (scenes from a memory and 6 degrees are both recorded with a MK2C). It shoud be the same as channel 1 of my MB Quad preamp (clean and lead) and to my ears it has the same characteristics and it sounds great, both metal and clean.

harrald

Comment

I guess I'll keep my Rectifier

Comment

Working...
              X